• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for my high school 1970 Challenger R/T

1970 R/T

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here. I've been looking for my 1970 Challenger R/T vin JS23NOB223928. I bought it used in 1975. The original 383 was seized so I installed a 440 out of a T-boned '67 GTX. I also converted it to a 4 speed. I lived in the Detroit area at the time. The last time I saw the car it had been converted to look like a 1973 with the '72-'74 header panel and taillights. Originally a K2 orange car, it had been repainted in a silver color. Any help would be appreciated as I lost track of it in 1978 when I moved to Florida. Thanks!

img041 JS23N0B223928 .jpg

1970 R/T

Reaction score
Thanks! I did ask Barry but he didn't have any information on it. My fear is that back in 1978 my Challenger was just a used car and with the weather in Detroit it might have rotted out and been crushed. The state of Michigan hasn't been very helpful in my search either! Thanks again for your message.
img041 JS23N0B223928 .jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan. Good luck with the search, you just never know what might turn up. You are right, the MI DMV is of no help with that kind of search. I recently tried with a '68 Charger and it was a no go.

1970 R/T

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan. Good luck with the search, you just never know what might turn up. You are right, the MI DMV is of no help with that kind of search. I recently tried with a '68 Charger and it was a no go.
Thanks! I was living on the East side of the Detroit area back then!

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome Crome Arkansas!
Try Time Machines in Tampa. Mike Staveski may have seen it. They did/do mr. norms stuff.

Last edited:

Bobby Sixkiller

Reaction score
Don’t lose hope. I posted in September on b body forum looking for my dads challenger. It’s been found bought and should be here Saturday. Been gone 44 years now it’s coming home.

1970 R/T

Reaction score
Congratulations! Thanks for the hopeful words! I'll keep the faith!

Back