• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for original drivetrain/owners

ChuckW

Reaction score
Hello all. I have owned my 70 Challenger T/A since 1993. I figure I am about the 6th owner of the car. Last year I met one of the previous owners that had painted the car a different color back in 1983. He recognized the car at a show. He had bought the car from a shop around the St Louis area that just wanted it for the drivetrain and replaced it with a 318. Was just wondering if the original motor might be still be alive or any other paperwork found for this car. The rims are the same rims that were on the car when I bought it, just sandblasted and painted.( used to be chrome) Last 4 of the vin is 4190, Thanks

20200419_173412.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuckW

Reaction score
Thanks, was painted a dark maroon but the original color is f8. Wasnt sure about it but really like how it turned out.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
You might want to post your full vin. If anyone is to search their vin on their block or for an aar the full vin will be typed in. Good chance the motor is out there if those guys pulled the motor specifically because it was a t/a motor. Definitely hit the other ebody site as well and post your vin.
Then google search your vin.
Did your car retain it's fender tags? Or build sheet?

Great looking car!!!

moparlee

Reaction score
You might want to post your full vin. If anyone is to search their vin on their block or for an aar the full vin will be typed in. Good chance the motor is out there if those guys pulled the motor specifically because it was a t/a motor. Definitely hit the other ebody site as well and post your vin.
Then google search your vin.
Did your car retain it's fender tags? Or build sheet?

Great looking car!!!
He actually did post the full VIN. It's in the picture with the windshield sticker.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I didn't put the vin down as it's not my car. Not my business. Just trying to offer suggestions on how to find his original stuff. Appreciate you pointing it out though.

Poolshark314

Reaction score
He actually did post the full VIN. It's in the picture with the windshield sticker.
The problem with that is the picture is not searchable. If a previous owner searched the VIN for grins, they wouldn't find this page because the VIN isn't typed out

fasjac

Reaction score
Hello all. I have owned my 70 Challenger T/A since 1993. I figure I am about the 6th owner of the car. Last year I met one of the previous owners that had painted the car a different color back in 1983. He recognized the car at a show. He had bought the car from a shop around the St Louis area that just wanted it for the drivetrain and replaced it with a 318. Was just wondering if the original motor might be still be alive or any other paperwork found for this car. The rims are the same rims that were on the car when I bought it, just sandblasted and painted.( used to be chrome) Last 4 of the vin is 4190, Thanks

View attachment 82554
I like those wheels and looks like 50’s tucked in the back. 👍🏻
View attachment 82555

Attachments

• EBE00439-ED3D-4BBC-8263-8BC0E5F91F5F.jpeg
    EBE00439-ED3D-4BBC-8263-8BC0E5F91F5F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 152

oldkimmer

Reaction score
Welcome. Sweet ride. I wish u luck with your search. FABO has a lot of traffic over there. Check out the list snd found thread. Also check with @Alaskan T/A he rubs the registry. Kim

ChuckW

Reaction score
Welcome. Sweet ride. I wish u luck with your search. FABO has a lot of traffic over there. Check out the list snd found thread. Also check with @Alaskan T/A he rubs the registry. Kim
Thanks, I have talked with him. Met him at Carlisle this past year.

Back