• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Magnaflow kit 15851

ontherun

Reaction score
Just installed a kit and it's blowing the sound deadening material all over the
driveway and smoking like a banshee...anybody seen this?....L
IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
It looks Like somebody stuffed a rag into your exhaust. Any sound deadener used by the muffler manufacturers has to be heat and burn resistant, usually something like fiberglass. Gather up the pieces into a pile and see if you can burn it. If so, somebody is messing with you. If not, you have at least one defective muffler.

Last edited:

ontherun

Reaction score
It looks Like somebody stuffed a rag into your exhaust. Any sound deadener used by the muffler manufacturers has to be heat and burn resistant, usually something like fiberglass. Gather up the pieces into a pile and see if you can burn it. If so, somebody is messing with you. If not, you have at least one defective muffler.

Edit....you were right it's a rag. but in the intake...builder screwed up.. pulling engine now...thanks

Last edited:

ontherun

Reaction score
By the way while I'm here I want to say how easy it was to install the kit and it has the sound I wanted...I was too quick to blame the exaust until I pulled it back apart piece by piece and it was still doing it...nobodys perfect....L

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Hope it didn't bend any valves. If the rag was left in the intake manifold, you will need to check the push rods and valves on that cylinder. If you paid the builder, a mistake is unacceptable and he should pay for all parts and time if there is any damage. If it was a friend he should step-up on his mistake and make it right.

ontherun

Reaction score
It's already out, torn apart, waiting for new parts. He's having the heads redone and new rings just in case...it was a rookie mistake but it's going to be right. he's a stand up guy.. you guys have the best advice...thanks a ton...It's funny that it ran so good while sucking a rag through itself. L

Last edited:

JDcuda

Reaction score
Put the magnaflows on my 440 barracuda 21/2 pipe in 21/4 out sounds sick!!!!

Back