• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mirror location help needed

Tbone416

Reaction score
I am In search of someone who has a Factory dual mirror Challenger 72 is my year model but I believe anything from 71 to 74 is the same I'd like to know the measurement to the front Revenant hole on the passenger side And the driver side I've had to replace my door And it does not have Provisions for the mirror Thanks for your help I'll put a picture in So you can see how I measured my driver side
8958.jpeg

Rapidfire

Reaction score
You should be able to use your drivers side measurement and it should be the same on the passengers side!? I don't have dual mirrors or I would sure check for you. Also a 70 has a shorter base but the holes are in the same spot as 71-74.

Tbone416

Reaction score
You should be able to use your drivers side measurement and it should be the same on the passengers side!? I don't have dual mirrors or I would sure check for you. Also a 70 has a shorter base but the holes are in the same spot as 71-74.
Yep there in lies the problem I have measured to passenger size doors That the measurement comes it in at 15 and a quarter to the center of the first bolt hole And the driver side measures 17 inches So I either have The doors off of two different cars Or there's two different measurements I'm trying to find out which one is right That's why I was saying if somebody has an original Dual mirror car To take the measurements off of it might clear up a lot of confusion in my world Thanks for all your help

terrywalker

Reaction score
71 Challenger convertible original passenger mirror/door. I hope this helps.
Terry W.

Door Psgr Mirror 2.jpg

terrywalker

Reaction score
Drivers Door mirror. I believe the measurements are about 1 inch difference due to the drivers angle view. My other Challengers have been the same way.
Terry W.

Door Drvr Mirror 1.jpg

Door Drvr Mirror 2.jpg

Tbone416

Reaction score
Thank you so I really don't Know what's going on Because of mine measures 16 and 3/4 on the driver side the same way years measures 15 and 1/2 It doesn't look like My door Has been changed I'm hoping some other people with chime in How many Challengers do you own

terrywalker

Reaction score
Thank you so I really don't Know what's going on Because of mine measures 16 and 3/4 on the driver side the same way years measures 15 and 1/2 It doesn't look like My door Has been changed I'm hoping some other people with chime in How many Challengers do you own
I'll try to measure the drivers door mirror on a 71 Hardtop I have here. It only has the drivers mirror, not a passengers side one.
Terry W.

Cratos

Reaction score
I have a 70 and it is at 17ps 17-1/4 ds ( way to far back as far as I am concerned) I am thinking of moving them up to about 12 for better view and not having to crank my neck to look back!

Tbone416

Reaction score
I have a 70 and it is at 17ps 17-1/4 ds ( way to far back as far as I am concerned) I am thinking of moving them up to about 12 for better view and not having to crank my neck to look back!
Is it 17 and 1/4 both sides

volunteer

Reaction score
My (1 -owner) '73 with factory installed mirrors indicate 15 3/4 left and 15 1/4 right. I measured straight across to front of (curved) door edge. Most others I see went a bit higher, so a shorter dimension. I also suggest anyone with duals check their fender tags to see if added later? So not a big deal as 1/4" either way probably fine.

Last edited:
Back