• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Molded heater hose

i_taz

Reaction score
I'm having issues replacing what appeared to be B body heater hoses on my 440 R/T but the Year Ones i got
for A/E cars aren't molded like the others seem to be and the hoses kink or is it just cheap hose. There much
more pliable than the ones I took off which could be OEM as far as I can tell because there thicker and much
stiffer. I kinda sacrificed them when I was taking them off not thinking i would be needing to put them back on.

20240414_122753[1].jpg

20240414_124010[1].jpg

i_taz

Reaction score
I had to somewhat, you get extra. They seemed ok until I put them in the bracket.
I even cut a little off the bottom of the nipple since I had some extra threads.
Seems like once they bent they lost there shape and the stenciling is like chalk
I got them from Classic Industries not Year One. Hoses 860457/2936 402 42095

I put the old hoses back on in the hope I could get the engine fired back up and
that was more of a bear than taking them off. There part numbers are 1605534/
2936398 and are motherf****** to get on and the spring clips are guaranteed
leak free. That I have no doubt...

Xcudame

Reaction score
Those hose clamps are definitely leak free and factory engineered by Mooar! They go on and off best with pliers made for them! An inexpensive set of pliers can be made by getting a pair of ten inch pliers and cut grooves in the jaws parallel to the handles. See photo below from FBBO.

d6jo2eLh.jpg

i_taz

Reaction score
On the bright side I went to return them via ebay and they just refunded me so at least
I got the 2 aluminum straps out of the deal. Looks like everyone is selling the same kit...
I'm going to do the Evans conversion while I had the heads off and one benefit with that I wasn't
even aware of is there's no pressure. Meaning w/o water vapor you can take the cap off anytime
with no relief. I was thinking that may come in handy with an old New Yorker I have with a
bad heater core....

Back