• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mr. Norm's; Good Old Days and Today

340challconvert

Reaction score
Amazing what happens in 40 Years!

Mr. Norms Dodge dealership.jpg

Mr. Norms today.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
The original dealership pic is not sad at all, but the second one.......way different story.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
I met him at Carlisle a couple years ago. Awesome guy just hanging out under his display

quapman

Reaction score
He's at the shows as long as he gets paid. I don't know if he was just having a bad day when I met him in the 90s, but he was a real douche.

seneca

Reaction score
I was a lad of 19 in the fall of 1966 and going to trade school in Chicago. Being a Mopar freak even then, I talked my 2 room mates ( evil Chevy dudes ) into taking a ride to Mr. Norm's dealership. So we piled into my 62 Dodge Polara 500 and headed out. We found the place finally ( no GPS then, had to follow the map ). I was surprised at how small the dealership was. Grand and Spaulding intersect at an angle and the dealership sat on a triangle of land between the streets. But it was Mopar heaven!! All sorts of Dodge products were parked on the adjacent streets by their owners who were inside at the parts dept. buying goodies for their rides. The sales lot was full of great 66 and 67 dodges. Inside, in the service dept., were several stacks of crated Hemi engines piled about seven high. Even my Chevy loving room mates stood in awe!! It was a Mopar induced high.
The 40 years later picture is a stab in the heart, but thanks Paharamia for posting them; they stirred up some great memories!

Grady Cain

Reaction score
I was a lad of 19 in the fall of 1966 and going to trade school in Chicago. Being a Mopar freak even then, I talked my 2 room mates ( evil Chevy dudes ) into taking a ride to Mr. Norm's dealership. So we piled into my 62 Dodge Polara 500 and headed out. We found the place finally ( no GPS then, had to follow the map ). I was surprised at how small the dealership was. Grand and Spaulding intersect at an angle and the dealership sat on a triangle of land between the streets. But it was Mopar heaven!! All sorts of Dodge products were parked on the adjacent streets by their owners who were inside at the parts dept. buying goodies for their rides. The sales lot was full of great 66 and 67 dodges. Inside, in the service dept., were several stacks of crated Hemi engines piled about seven high. Even my Chevy loving room mates stood in awe!! It was a Mopar induced high.
The 40 years later picture is a stab in the heart, but thanks Paharamia for posting them; they stirred up some great memories!

Seneca - What a great story! Your words paint a picture of what I dream it must have been like back then. I was just being "thought of" in 1966 and obviously never got to live and experience the glory days of muscle cars. I am fortunate to still be young enough at age 50 to relive those times in my own mind with my Mopars. I take every opportunity I can to talk to people who's era that was when they were teens and listen to all the stories they want to tell me. I am also fortunate enough to have found a place like FEBO with others of all ages who are just as passionate about muscle cars in 2018 as folks were in the 60s and 70s. Thanks for that post!

jeepsterhemi

Reaction score
.....and listen to all the stories they want to tell me.....

Here is a short one.....I didn't went to that Woodstock show in august 1969, I keep my money to get marry in october 25th,.... BUT....in mid-december 1969 I ordered a light blue Hemi/4 speed Charger, white vinyl top, white interior, no transverse stripe.....BUT.....never took delivery, lost my job late december '69.....

Good news is: still married to that same girl.....but she didn't listen to my car stories anymore....so.... thank you guys for the memories....

340challconvert

Reaction score
Mr. Norm- "Blast from the Past"
Ram Charger car w an aluminum front end for $1695.
and an invitation to join the "Go Group"

Didn't know he sold M/T Mini-Bikes

Dino2 (1).gif

Mr Norm 68 ad.jpg

Last edited:
Back