• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mufflers

vegas70340

Reaction score
I never have seen this setup but I am looking to install the mufflers in their original position minus resonators.Most people install mufflers in the resonator position and avoid the original muffler position.This will give the car a very clean bottom.Any thoughts?

moparleo

Reaction score
What exactly is the question? If you want to know soundwise what will happen, the farther from the engine you install the mufflers, the better job they will do quieting the exhaust noise down.

74 challenger

Reaction score
do you mean mufflers in the back,just had mine done so please explain what your looking for.

vegas70340

Reaction score
Mufflers no resonators

My mistake.I was thinking of installing the mufflers in their normal position without the resonators.It would appear most people install the mufflers under the floor pan leaving the sides of the fuel tank clear for tail pipes.
Moparleo has a point,would be quiet,too quiet.
I have a set of Hooker competetion headers and a true x-pipe and will get a set of Flowmaster 40s soon.Will be going with a 2.5" exhaust.

Back