• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My experience with Stinger Fiberglass

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
My AAR hood is from there and I really like it, great quality and fitment.
If 70chall440 sends you a picture of his hood.And his install was straight forward.This is also evidence that you hood is defective. Use the power before you. Your mind and others. It's to bad for the manufacture that one bad one slipped by. If you wanted Chinese crap you would have bought Chinese crap,Japanese junk or Korean karnage. MADE IN THE USA.has a standard.:usflag:

Last edited:

70chall440

Reaction score
Well here are some pics, not sure if they are helpful.
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_2435.JPG
IMG_2436.JPG

Adam

Reaction score
Wow, that corner and edge going towards the center looks terrible. It was probably defective and ”fixed” before they sent it out. I too learned the hard way about inspecting the shipments. I had a Goodmark drivers fender that was very defective and badly damaged in a perfect box….

Although you shouldn’t have to, you could build up the bottom of that corner with glass & epoxy resin, then grind the top down. Followed by lots of sanding and cosmetic surgery…

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Yes, the rest of the hood lines up great. The corner that's off has clearly been repaired, because that area has a matte finish and has inconsistent thicknesses. I'll contact the card company I used to see what their policy is.
I was referring to the manufactures return policy.Look online or bill of sale. Years back I received a radiator damaged. There was no visible damage to package. transmission tubes bent. I ask the seller to send just the tubes. Short story short.They sent me a return shipping label and sent an other. Point being take pictures of packing. No damage why would unpack,inspect and install to see if everything is ok!While truck waits!If the driver noted no damage to package.That would reinforce the fact that packing was not adequate. There again this is secondary.defective primary. // Do you know what the return shipping is? might be worth knowing. maybe find out. (Knowledge is power) manufacture would have to repair or replace and reship.or claim out of stock and refund item price. Think about it. Do they want to receive and repair then ship again.Or refund you to have the hood repaired.Request that they would send you the paint to respray the hood.//Do you think you would inspect before receiving?

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
The manufacturer's return policy is garbage. They state that if you are not satisfied with the product "for any reason," you can return it, but you pay return shipping. That's about $300. But then they go on to say that box fees and freight charges are not refundable, so that's another $300. I would be out of pocket $600 simply to return a hood that didn't fit properly. They also told me in an email that if they put it against their mold and didn't find any defects, I would not get credit for the hood. So I'd be out the entire purchase price of the hood, PLUS return costs?? No way I'm taking the chance to let them decide whether the corner is defective or not.

To Stinger's credit, they did extend the warranty period to the 31st to give me time to think about it and get it shipped if I chose to do so. They didn't have to do that.

This whole situation has been a huge headache, and quite honestly I'm ready to be done with it. Just fix the damn hood and move on with the project.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Stinger's has credit line! That protects them.They have the final say.If you would have used a third party (if applicable) Paypal 6mo credit same as cash.you would have 6mo until you get to it.in most cases. personal credit card up to 45 days.check you card policy. If that's the case.Move on may be the less stressful.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
You might have a shoot at it.follow through.you have nothing to loose some time and everything to gain. Defective !!! play it out.

Back