• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need help with car value

Barraguy

Reaction score
Need help with car value / pics added

Mods, if this in the wrong area please move it.
ok finally got some pics to load these are just some basic pics to give an idea of the car. The last pic is the RR im interested in.

I'm ready to give up on my 70 Barracuda project that has been sitting in my garage for the last 16 years. My Daughter is heading off to college, my son will be going in 3 years, Horse riding lessons and shows for her and division one level soccer camps and leagues for my son have me realizing that the next 8 to 10 years are going to be no cheaper than the last 8 to 10 years. I dont want to wait till im in my late 50's before I have money to build a really nice car. I have found a real nice 71 RR real deal original 383 4 speed pistol grip console car and I'm thinking about selling my car, my boat and my dirt bikes to finance this deal.
I'm trying to figure a value on my car and I'm hoping that after I describe the car some of you can tell me what you think its worth. you dont need to be in the market to give an opinion on what its value should be

1970 Plymouth Barracuda, 10/69 build date, lemon twist yellow,black vinyl roof, slapstick with console, A/C, power windows and brakes.
The car was built with a 1974 440 .030 over and 727 transmission, the engine has ported heads, stock size valves aluminum water pump housing Direct Connection, (back when I built it) purple cam and springs. DC intake and holley 850 vac secondery carb and headers. 3 row radiator, shroud, and big clutch fan.
I have a ralley hood and I still have the original flat hood that I had wanted to use for a shaker hood conversion as it had the correct 1970 hood frame.
I have 2 rear ends, one is a very custom set up its a 9 1/4 rear from a 1975 fury cop car,with relocated spring pads its only a half inch wider and the 245 60 15s fit in with out rubbing, the reason I went with the 91/4 is I put arear dsc brakes on it from a 1974 imperial I had gotten the 440 from , it has 391s with suregrip the 2nd rear is a 8 3/4 with 323 and suregrip it also has superstock BBautomatic leaf springs wheels are 15x6.5 and 14x6 ralleys with the center caps that have been sprayed light argent silver. I had them sprayed the same time the grill was painted.

Body: it is currently a shell with both 1/4s and trunk extensions were replaced this past thanksgiving as was the roof skin. the drivers side floor and the trunk floor have been replaced as well. The cowl box and firewall have also been patched. the whole underside of the car has had the undercoating removed, wire wheeled and epoxy primed
it needs a windshield a left rear quarter glass the seats are non orginal soft backs from a 72,73,74 all the stainless trim has been buffed and wraped in newspaper to protect it an put away. The grill has been repainted and is mint. the door panels ect are all in good shape I have a new condensor stil in a unopened box carpet headliner seats all need to be recovered
So guys, let me hear what you think this is worth. The guy with the RR says he maybe interested in a partial trade and I need to have some kind of value on this.
I am also planning on selling my 1978 Chrysler Conqueror 140 horse outboard Skiboat as well. I have never seen another one like it, and I'm a member of the Chrysler Crew, thats a web forum for chrysler boat owners. 78 was the last year for the Conqueror and the first year for the 140 HP outboard.
I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think my Barra's value is
PHOT0036.jpgPHOT0038.jpgPHOT0040.jpgPHOT0041.jpgPHOT0043.jpg71RR.jpg

PHOT0036.jpg

PHOT0038.jpg

PHOT0040.jpg

PHOT0041.jpg

PHOT0043.jpg

71RR.jpg

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
X3. If you are giving up all of these things just for the 71 Road Runner, it needs to be really nice.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
It sounds like you have an awful lot done on the project and it seems a shame to not finish it yourself but I understand. Some pics would definitely be necessary to estimate a value.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
When you were at the separate page to upload the pics, did you click insert after you uploaded them? If not, they should still be in your uploader. Just edit your post and go through the steps again. Click the boxes of the pics you want to insert and then click insert.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
How do you know the RR is a real one? Did you check the numbers? I would guess $10,000 - $15,000 on the Cuda. It is really too hard to tell without a lot of pics. I work with these cars as a living. I would bolt together the Cuda as much as possible. I would also put it all in one nice coat of primer. That will help you sell it. It gives the buyer a single look of what all is there. A bunch of boxes of parts not on the car will hurt your resale. People scare easily.

Last edited:
Back