• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need help with my horns

MyR/T

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Doe anyone know what might cause my horn to work when the key is in the off position and when the key is turned back towards you in the accessory position but it won't work when key is in the on/ run position. I have all new harnesses. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the relay on the fuse block grounds through the horn switch closing the relay , so I bet the power goes away at the relay with the key on , possibly a wire in the wrong position in the fuse block .

MyR/T

Reaction score
Thanks Chryco. Is there a diagram that shows which wires go to the horn relay? I don't see it on my diagram.

MyR/T

Reaction score
the relay on the fuse block grounds through the horn switch closing the relay , so I bet the power goes away at the relay with the key on , possibly a wire in the wrong position in the fuse block .
I found it. I'll check the wires tomorrow. Thanks

MyR/T

Reaction score
My repro harness has a different style horn relay than my original. Don't know if these wires are correct or not. Here's a pic of what I have going to the relay. Any idea if this is correct?

20230228_161216.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I don't have the manual here to check the original wiring layout but I suspect that is where the issue is .

MyR/T

Reaction score
I don't have the manual here to check the original wiring layout but I suspect that is where the issue is .
Ok thanks. I'll try to call M&H and see if they can help. There is a G on the terminal the violet wire goes to. You would think the back ground wire would go there.

PlumCrazyCuda

Reaction score
If your car is a ‘70, I think all the reproduction under dash harnesses use the ‘71-up style fuse block. They moved the horn relay off the fuse block in ‘71. This may be where your issue is. Maybe they mis-wired the horn relay connector. Maybe check a ‘71 wiring diagram.

MyR/T

Reaction score
If your car is a ‘70, I think all the reproduction under dash harnesses use the ‘71-up style fuse block. They moved the horn relay off the fuse block in ‘71. This may be where your issue is. Maybe they mis-wired the horn relay connector. Maybe check a ‘71 wiring diagram.

MyR/T

Reaction score
There must be a loose wire at the fuse box . I've been testing wires and moving wires around and now it's working.

Back