• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need opinions on purchase of an E body pricing

Spars332

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in discussions with a person on this 74 Cuda. Would like to know if the price is accurate before I purchase.

[FONT=HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif][FONT=HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif][FONT=HelveticaNeue,Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,Lucida Grande,sans-serif]http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5071972623.html

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brian
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

moparleo

Reaction score
Have you ever done a ground up restoration before ? It is going to take a lot of $$ and time. He wants to sell it more than you want to buy it. Unless he goes down a lot more, I would look for something more complete. Real easy to lose interest when they are basically just some parts. Just like he did.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I agree with Leo 100%. I see $2500 and that's just because you might get that if you parted it out. I do hope it doesn't get parted though.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
From the ad, it looks like the seller never finished High School English. Looks like it has been outside in the rain. Even if the metal is good on the inside, it will take a lot of work to clean it up. The drivers side front frame rail looks bad under the battery tray. It looks rough and rusty everywhere. Post some pics of your own. Maybe the ad has bad pics. Until then, I agree with Matt; $2500 and not much more.

Last edited:

dongei

Reaction score
Of the Cudas, the '70 will give you the biggest return on your money.

Spars332

Reaction score
Have you ever done a ground up restoration before ? It is going to take a lot of $$ and time. He wants to sell it more than you want to buy it. Unless he goes down a lot more, I would look for something more complete. Real easy to lose interest when they are basically just some parts. Just like he did.

I have done a 1965 Mustang ground up restoration about 16 years ago. Took me almost 3 years to complete and a good deal of money.

Spars332

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses.

I emailed late last night asking if the title was clear and for the VIN # . Just got a response from the seller. Here is the answer copy and pasted from the response :

i have no idea. it was bought 5 years ago from a guy on the east coast and he never sent the paperwork on it

So this is not going to work for me. I wouldn't be comfortable without the title.

Spars332

Reaction score
Hey Spars, Is there a specific reason why your looking for a 74? Is that the year you had when you were younger?

looking for a 74 just because it was the first I rode in and fell in love with it.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Get the fender tag readout. There could be a few things that could make a car like this still be desirable. Always worth looking to see.

Spars332

Reaction score
They say it is in a storage yard and they don't have VIN#

I made an offer anyway. Will see....

challenger6pak

Reaction score
As in no VIN tag? They have to run the VIN to process the car. Make sure it is being sold legally.
They say it is in a storage yard and they don't have VIN#

I made an offer anyway. Will see....

Spars332

Reaction score
As in no VIN tag? They have to run the VIN to process the car. Make sure it is being sold legally.

No VIN and doesn't seem to have one. He turned my offer down stating " no thanks. i have seen cars in worse condition than mine sell for over 4k on Ebay"

I wished him luck!

Back