• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New door handles and locks???

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Ok if youve seen my car it was a stripped roller, and I've been slowly building to a complete car. I got this year was new handles and locks. Now I haven't gotten the locks to a Smith yet. But I can't find how the locks are held in the new handles. It looks like there is two screws for a retainer. But nothing came in the handles or the lock kit, except the spring steel fork. Do I use that instead or am I missing something here???

closer.jpg

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Yes 2 screws hold the cylinder in place. The fork you refer to is for the trunk cylinder or different model doors

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Yeah a friend set me straight after I posted this. I'm now on the hunt for those parts on some junk cars I know of. Thank you though.

Adam

Reaction score
They are easy to re-key. I believe the screw head holds the lock in place; What parts do you need?

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
The "U" shaped piece that holds the lock k in place with the two screws. At least that's how my friend discribed it.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Check Moparlouie post he had a set for $20 or Don at moparparts on this forum. These go to my 74 Cuda

Last edited:

Moparparts

Reaction score
I have a passengers side for $12.50 shipped but i am out of the drivers side at this time. Pm me if interested

Adam

Reaction score
I have one you can have, I am not sure if it is left or right. Pm me with your address and I will mail it off.

CaseyCuda

Reaction score
Well thanks guys but I found a man who had a set local and he is working with a man to make them for other people.

Back