• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Guy from Utah

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
Greetings all

As with many, I have been coming here and reading the forums and gathering info for a while.

I decided its about time I joined and, at least said... THANK YOU... to all who have posted as I gained info and, enjoyed reading about projects.

As for me I have a 74 Cuda that I have recently got running and driving ( I have all of 50 miles on it ) and I am still tuning and doing all the little stuff that needs done.

It has a 440 with a 727 and 3.23 posi ( soon to be 3.55 ) I have done the interior and now I am doing body work ( which I suck at but I'm learning ) but, it is FUN to drive right now and I want to enjoy it for a bit before the weather turns bad

71RT383

Reaction score
Welcome to the FEBO site ! Congrats on your project and enjoy !

340challconvert

Reaction score
Love the 74 Cudas
Last of the breed
Sounds like a fun car.
Dino2 (1).gif

lastcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from another 74 owner. I'd like to hear the story of yours; where it came from, how long you've had it etc. Like you, I've done most of what is accomplished on mine, learning as I go. Right now I'm trying to find someone to do the paint and bodywork on mine. Or at least see if I can afford it. If not, I may have to do like you and learn how to do that myself too. And there are a lot of guys on here who have seen it all so they've been a big help to me too. Good luck with yours.

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
Cuda pic's 024.JPG
Thank you all for the warm welcome I don't have a picture of the complete car but here is an in progress picture

I took out a Small Block and put in a Big Block

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Engine Looks really nice. Are you going to paint the rest of the car black or you just haven't painted the engine room body color yet?

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
I painted it black for a few reasons... When I took the car apart I found a lot of missing hardware and of course some rust.

Also I found where someone had bonded over some rust spots that I had to cut out and repair,
I also welded in a set of U.S. Tools fender braces and after all the work it looked like a mess of colors and I saw another car with the engine bay " Blacked out" and I liked the look so, I just went with the flat black to see how I liked the look and, I do like it and, will most likely leave it black and keep the car Red

I would love a Black car but, that takes GREAT body work and, I cant do or afford that plus, to do it right I would have to take the car all back apart and I really want to keep it together a this point and Drive it. But you never know a bug might bite me and.......

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
I was going thru old pictures and found this one. It shows my Barracuda in the middle of the picture next to the bread truck.

Also in the bottom right in my first Big Block car the white 66 Satellite This is about 1975 at Mather AFB in the Sacramento area

IMG_20161126_0001_NEW.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
Great to have an early picture of your 74 Cuda!
Some other cool cars in that parking lot:
AMX, 69 Camaro, a 59 Chevy coupe, 66 Mustang, 73 Charger, and two nice mid 60's Oldsmobiles.
Your 66 Satellite; love to have that car today!
Dino2 (1).gif

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
I should have add that the Barracuda in this picture is of a 70 Barracuda and not the 74 that I now have.
This Barracuda is the first car I bout on my own with no help from parents. I had this car till 1999 when I was forced to sale because of a move to stay with my job ( you don't give up 25 years seniority )
As for the Satellite ...OH yes, I wish I still had that car, this was my first Big Block car and, a funny story of how I got it.

ok... first as most of you know in these car trans fluid and power steering fluid will interchange, well a friend of mine thought it was trans and brake fluid and he filled his brakes with trans fluid. After we explained it to him he didn't want the car any more (it also needed exhaust ) and sold it to me for $100 I drained the brakes and put in new fluid and drove the car home and believe or not the brakes worked great and I never had a problem with them ...not even a leak. I had that car for 2 years before I blew the engine and sold it and of course now I wish I had just put in an engine but car were so cheep then that I soon got a 69 Charger R/T 440 for $500 and I installed a set of headers on the guys Road Runner ( now that Charger is one I wish I had keep...but that another story.

Back