• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New from WNC

HighSchoolCuda

Reaction score
Greetings from Western North Carolina! Growing up I heard so many people say they wish they still had their first car. I actually listened and have owned my 74 Cuda since I was 15. In a world of mini trucks and CRXs, I had the most unique and signature ride in the parking lot. After sitting dormant for 30 years and too many people pestering to sell it to them to count, I recently made a horse trade that now has it in a shop being torn down for a long overdue rebuild. I plan to replace the anemic drivetrain with a 392 and upgrade the suspension for improved performance. The goal is to have the classic Cuda styling on the outside with modern amenities underneath. My motivation for joining this group is to glean ideas and insights from the E Body community. I look forward to reading and learning from those of you who are miles ahead of me with your cars and your knowledge. Wish me luck!

IMG_7109.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Very cool to still own the Cuda. My first was a 70 SE Challenger at 15. It’s long gone but, I’ve owned mopars ever since.
The upgrade you’re doing will be well worth it. Keep us posted on the progress. 👍🏻

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
Greetings from Western North Carolina! Growing up I heard so many people say they wish they still had their first car. I actually listened and have owned my 74 Cuda since I was 15. In a world of mini trucks and CRXs, I had the most unique and signature ride in the parking lot. After sitting dormant for 30 years and too many people pestering to sell it to them to count, I recently made a horse trade that now has it in a shop being torn down for a long overdue rebuild. I plan to replace the anemic drivetrain with a 392 and upgrade the suspension for improved performance. The goal is to have the classic Cuda styling on the outside with modern amenities underneath. My motivation for joining this group is to glean ideas and insights from the E Body community. I look forward to reading and learning from those of you who are miles ahead of me with your cars and your knowledge. Wish me luck!

View attachment 118817
Welcome to the E-body forum, you're in the right place!!
My story is similar to yours - I also have my first car from High School; (a 1972 Cuda)

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Lots of folks have done similar swaps you're doing, so you're definitely in the right place! Cuda looks pretty solid! What's the current drive train?

Mopar426power

Reaction score
Very cool you still have your first car!
I can't say I have my first car, which was a 1974 also, but mine was a 74 Duster. However, I still have the first new car that I bought when I was 21 years old. Unfortunately in 1989 Mopar didn't have much in the way of muscle cars, if i remember correctly, they had a hatchback Daytona, so i bought this instead:
IROC .jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Cool that you hung on to the Cuda , I would be careful with suspension upgrades , many are at best a sideways move eating $$ for little or no gain .
Ehrenberg did a valiant corning at over 1 g just improving the stock suspension components without changing the design .

HighSchoolCuda

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Lots of folks have done similar swaps you're doing, so you're definitely in the right place! Cuda looks pretty solid! What's the current drive train?
Thanks for the welcome! Car still has the 318/727 combo that was in it when I bought it. Still runs like a sewing machine even after sitting for almost 30 years. Trying to decide on suspension upgrades while the motor is out of the car.

HighSchoolCuda

Reaction score
Cool that you hung on to the Cuda , I would be careful with suspension upgrades , many are at best a sideways move eating $$ for little or no gain .
Ehrenberg did a valiant corning at over 1 g just improving the stock suspension components without changing the design .
Thanks for the welcome and the tip. Thinking about a QA1 K member to have more room for a Gen III Hemi swap. Exploring all options at the moment but want to do something since the motor is out of the car and things are easy to access.

S Vicious

Reaction score
Welcome to a great place for advice on your build!
Big torsion bars & sub frame stiffening with good shocks will go a long way to getting you there.....from Boone.

Back