• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New here, 1971 Barracuda Base 318 Auto

elnielsen

Reaction score
Hello All,
I just joined. I just bought a 1971 Barracuda base 318 auto car. It is B7 blue with a factory bench seat, and an original dealer installed A/C unit. It's in good condition and I'm excited. I'm working on a make it my grocery-getter switch-hit once a week driver.

Where does one find a repair manual for a 1971 Barracuda?
Also, my rear-window, trunk lid, and windshield or cowl-area fresh air vent is clogged. Is there a South Bay (SF) California shop friendly to old Mopars anyone could recommend?

Thanks, Erik.

Adam

Reaction score
I am in Los Angeles County.. I don't know of any friendly shops, but these cars are simple to work on... post a pic and description of the problem and you will receive good info on this site..
1. Take off the cowl screens by the wiper arms and you can look/feel the cowl vents on each side. Should not be anything around the openings. Check the cables under the dash so see the are actually opening the vents.
2. What is wrong with the back window and trunk lid?

71RT383

Reaction score
Congratulations on your car and welcome to FEBO.

elnielsen

Reaction score
I can't find how to start a photo garage, anyone know?

Water is getting in on my back seat, center driver side floor mat, and trunk. Obvious through the rear window seal. Likely through the windshield seal (possibly the cowl vent?), and also likely through the trunk lid weatherstripping (its compressed and there is rust across it). I'm not sure I could re-seal a window correctly on my own.

Adam

Reaction score
Any glass shop can R&R the glass... but you will want to inspect the bottom corners of the back window channel. Dirt accumulates there under the trim which holds moisture and rust is very common. the trunk weather strip is an easy fix..get a new seal and tube of weather strip adhesive from any auto parts store. look at the original so you don't put the new one on backwards.

GTXperience

Reaction score
Welcome Erik,

I just moved from the Peninsula up to The Sacramento area. There use to be a few good shops that knew there Mopar stuff but they are no longer around. Be careful of the Mopar crowd in that area re: referrals. They love to hook their buddies and friend up with newbies. Nice enough people but their inner circle comes first.

As Leo said, you will be amazed what you will be able to do yourself from the knowledge pool here. Btw: Love the car and would keep it just the way it is and enjoy the hell out of it. Ask any specific questions you have and we'll try and help. Btw: I have a 71 as well.

Back