• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New in North Carolina

chargerdon

Reaction score
Hi, just joined today, been a member of the forum.e-bodies.org for many years and thought id try here as well. I'm originally from PA, and moved to NC in 2012. My rides are a 66 Dodge Charger, and a 74 Challenger that i bought in May 2015 and restored doing 95% of the work myself. Its in Plum Crazy with white interior.

Recently, i upgraded the Engine with a 360 LA with stroker kit to 408 with Eddy RPM Air Gap intake, and Eddy 600cfm carb (need a bigger one). It has in it a Lunati vodoo 703 camshaft, and patriot headers. Built to have around 9.8 compression. Its very strong !

Originally, the car had a 318 with 904 transmission, and that transmission is having a hard time handling all that power, so, just now upgraded to an a518 overdrive automatic, and im having major issue with no upshifting...i.e stuck in first. I posted all the info for this in the drivetrain section.

Hope to hear from many of you ...especially on my A518 issues.

WDO72

Reaction score
Welcome from CA! Best of luck with your project!

340challconvert

Reaction score
chargerdon
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Glad you signed on
How about some pics of the Challenger and the Charger.

Hemmings Motor News also had a pretty good article on installing a A-518 trans. Hope it helps.
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/chrysler-a-518-overdrive-transmission/
Dino2 (2).gif

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan. Glad you joined up to the BEST E-body site:D. BTW, nice Mopars!

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Welcome. Both very nice rides. First of the Chargers, last of the Challengers. Bookends for undoubtedly the best times for cool looking and performing cars.

chargerdon

Reaction score
Welcome. Both very nice rides. First of the Chargers, last of the Challengers. Bookends for undoubtedly the best times for cool looking and performing cars.

Thanks, i really never thought about the Bookends aspect of it. Heck there is a lot of people who think Chargers started with the 68-69 and Dukes of Hazard. The 66 has many many interesting things about it. First there is the rotating headlights with grille buckets behind them.. twin electric motors, four limit switches, 3 control relays... then there is the Electroluminescent dashboard, no light bulbs, but instead glowing gauge coatings (mopar used this on many later car models), Likewise the full length console right thru to between the twin rear bucket seats. All mostly unique, difficult as h..l to maintain and find parts for. 8 years apart, but, some things similar...both share the same 8 3/4 drive axle that are interchangeable. 904 and 727 automatics, etc. A lot of what i learned about the charger was transferable knowledge to the Challenger. Another example is the dash gauges 5V voltage regulator that is on the Challengers, just about every early chargers owner removed the internal to gas gauge mechanical voltage regulator, and put in an electronic one similar to the regulators on our e-bodies gauge cluster.

fasjac

Reaction score
And just for kicks, my first HEMI ride along was in a 66 charger! Broke em loose at 60mph like childs play. I was 13 years at the time and hooked on MOPAR since.

Back