• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

new member from SF Bay Area

moparlifer

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm Craig from the North Bay Area, CA.
I have a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda (Gran Coupe) which has been converted to a 440-6-pk 4-speed.
I have had this car since 1977 and restored it once in the late 80s and then took it back apart after blowing the new motor when the 6-pack throttle blades flipped open at high rev and spun a bearing. I stupidly did not install a rev limiter. Long story short I moved to a place without a garage when my daughter was 8 and put everything in a 20' shipping container where it has been since 2001.
Recently decided to get 'er done so am bringing the container closer to where I live and will unpack and inventory everything start completing the restoration in the next month or so.
Finger crossed the mice didn't get into my full set of new leather seatcovers and dashpad.
Happy to be on the forum and share the love and knowledge of e-bodys.

Cheers!
Craig

Last edited:

WDO72

Reaction score
Welcome from Northern California! There are a bunch of us E-body owners in CA, as I'm sure you're aware. Sounds like a cool car. Best of luck unpacking the 'cuda from the long slumber. Send photos when possible. We love photos.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Glad to hear that you kept that Gran Coupe and can now work on it again.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Welcome from the Los Angeles area. I started my 70 Barracuda about 8 months ago. Stick with it, hopefully you dont have to replace as much metal as mine.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site , I missed a deal on a Gran Coupe about the time you bought yours .

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Welcome from your neighbor in Sacramento. For sure check your seat covers, I understand the back order on them is a long ways out.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
FB3686B4-0762-4E86-AB45-65191FB02700.jpeg

Bug Guy

Reaction score
welcome from central California got a set of Grand Coupe OEM Rocker Moldings ,If you need them?

moparlifer

Reaction score
Thanks for warm welcome and enthusiasm.
I dug it out of the container a week or so ago and put it right back in the next day.
I had found a place to store it while I went though and inventoried all the parts and things i need to do.
When I got to the storage place with it on the back of the roll-back they said i couldn't store a car there even though that's what I explicitly told them on every conversation I had with them.
Turns out the owner was never informed and is a little unstable.
Oh well, got it turned around and got rid of some of the other junk that was piled on top of it.
Here is a pict of its few hours of sunshine on the rollback when it was out.
I'll be going to Spring Fling this weekend and hope to grab a few things I still need to get it finished.
May be see some of you there?
Craig

Attachments

• 23989.jpeg
    23989.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 90
Back