• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member from Wa

Racer26

Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is Dennis .I have been a car guy for over 40 years in the early 80s I bought a real 1974 duster 360 4 speed car from a customer where I worked as a mechanic The engine had a spun rod bearing . I rebuilt the engine and was surprised to see it was a 340 date code 6/13 or 19 /67 .I loved this car.In the mid 80s I replaced it with a 1974 360 because it had a rod knock.I sold the car in 1993 because I needed a set of heads for my race car big mistake.I still have the 340 short block and would like to see it used some day it has team moose stamped on the back of the block maybe a local shop in so cal where I bought the car.looking for any info on this early 340 Thank you every one

moparlee

Reaction score
Hello Dennis, welcome to the site from Michigan. What is it that you are trying to find out on that 340 block?

Adam

Reaction score
I am also in Washington, near Leavenworth. Welcome aboard.

Racer26

Reaction score
Hi trying to find out how to find what kind of car it may have come in it has know vin pad on side of block I figure a 1968 model year car it is the earliest one I can find.Also how rare it might be I have heard early ones may have been used in can am racing
Dennis
Welcome to FEBO from New Jersey
This may help; pretty comprehensive info on small block Mopars
How to ID a Small Block Engine Block:
I am also in Washington, near Leavenworth. Welcome aboard.
thank you I am in Rochester just south of Olympia

Racer26

Reaction score

Racer26

Reaction score
Thank you I will look and take pictures tomorrow .I can not find any vin #

DetMatt1

Reaction score
With a June 13, ‘67 casting date it does make it an early ‘68 block as they would’ve started building the ‘68s in July of ‘67. There shouldn’t be a VIN on it, they didn’t start that until the midway through the ‘68 model year iirc..
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Back