• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New project

Muffler124

Reaction score
All there needs a good allround refresh
I didn't post pics of fenders. All need some form of partial replace. Inner and outer. But it dosnt seem that the rust had gone in towards the body. Will get the full treatment though.

4mayhemi

Reaction score
I think that's the street name for the color. All I can find is basin street blue for 1972
Ditto looks EB3 (on my monitor)

1972-dodge-pg01.jpg

Muffler124

Reaction score
It seems the color on this car is lighter than the b3 swatch. Even under dash and under rear deck its the same hue.

4mayhemi

Reaction score
For B3 I believe you have the Plymouth color sheet there = "Basin Street Blue"; Dodge was "Blue Streak" (or "Super Blue" on Chrysler charts), but same color. Just like calling a FC7 Cuda "Plum Crazy" brings out the pitchforks from some folks.

I guess its actually TB3 (replacing the EB3 poly of earlier years), commonly known as "Petty Blue" or "Corporate Blue". I think it was only special order code 999 on the fender tag in earlier years, but later years I think it was part of the official palette like here in 1972. I'm not 100% positive on the history of this, but have seen earlier Chargers/Dusters this color.

It's definitely not B5, as that is metallic (poly). If its original paint, 45 years can play havoc with the tones.

Muffler124

Reaction score
For B3 I believe you have the Plymouth color sheet there = "Basin Street Blue"; Dodge was "Blue Streak" (or "Super Blue" on Chrysler charts), but same color. Just like calling a FC7 Cuda "Plum Crazy" brings out the pitchforks from some folks.

I guess its actually TB3 (replacing the EB3 poly of earlier years), commonly known as "Petty Blue" or "Corporate Blue". I think it was only special order code 999 on the fender tag in earlier years, but later years I think it was part of the official palette like here in 1972. I'm not 100% positive on the history of this, but have seen earlier Chargers/Dusters this color.

It's definitely not B5, as that is metallic (poly). If its original paint, 45 years can play havoc with the tones.
Agreed, it is the same color. I don't mind the color at all. It's definatly going back on the car.

Muffler124

Reaction score

Thank you for the info. Obviously paint is a light year away. All great information.

fk5aar

Reaction score
It is tb3 I saw a challenger rallye like this up north on Craigslist, the guy had in a warehouse full of cars. It had a fender tag that was full top to bottom with options and I really wanted to get it but garage is loaded. It was pistol grip, rallye guages, nom, hoodpins, he had rear louvers but don't think they were on the tag. I guess this isn't the same car because no fender tag or you would see the TB3 aka petty blue.

Muffler124

Reaction score
The blue is obvious. I believe the vin tells the
It is tb3 I saw a challenger rallye like this up north on Craigslist, the guy had in a warehouse full of cars. It had a fender tag that was full top to bottom with options and I really wanted to get it but garage is loaded. It was pistol grip, rallye guages, nom, hoodpins, he had rear louvers but don't think they were on the tag. I guess this isn't the same car because no fender tag or you would see the TB3 aka petty blue.

Muffler124

Reaction score
I'm kinda bummed about the lack of broadcast sheet and fender plate.

Back