• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New stroker engine burning oil

pschlosser

Reaction score
I've replaced a few head gaskets. It's not hard, but being accurate and OCD about cleanliness can help. If this were a recurring issue, I would say the head and/or block need to be checked for flatness.

Since this is just a few miles after a rebuild, I would suggest the same. It wont cost you more than a shop hour for them to verify everything mates properly. Checking may be warranty item, at no cost to you.

If you're not getting results, causally mention you've been getting advice from this message board, and plan to post the results of the repair. That may give them added incentive to fix it in a way it stays fixed. No one wants bad P.R.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Highly unusual , unless it was a cheap head gasket or the gasket was folded where it failed , again unlikely .
Make sure a top quality gasket is used & the head is torqued down in 3 steps , I usually do 1/2 , 3/4 & full torque & then recheck .

pschlosser

Reaction score
Highly unusual , unless it was a cheap head gasket or the gasket was folded where it failed , again unlikely .
Make sure a top quality gasket is used & the head is torqued down in 3 steps , I usually do 1/2 , 3/4 & full torque & then recheck .

He's getting the work done by a shop, I think.

Back