• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to E bodies

Jack0817

Reaction score
Long time Mopar enthusiast . All of my experience has been with B bodies and Hellcats, zero experience with E bodies, so I figured I would start here. I located a 1970 Challenger convertible, 318, 3 speed, almost no options, complete car. It has been sitting for 40 years. Rotted trunk, floors, quarter panels,convertible top was used as a trampoline, mice ate the interior. Not sure about the integrity of the torsion bar mounts. Will need to be winched on to a trailer. Any idea what it is worth? I am thinking it would be a good candidate for a resto mod. I am thinking 3k tops? Am I correct? Or way off? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
Anything under $10K would be a good price for a complete convertible needing a lot of metal work. I'm not a resto-mod fan, but that is an option for some.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Lots of commonality between B and E bodies. All E-bodies are rare and convertibles are even rarer. Luckily they make a ton of sheet metal for E-bodies!

mrmopar340

Reaction score
JH27's are rare. It would be a good project to save one. Probably a load of money to do it but riding in it afterwards will be priceless.

Welcome in. Waving from Virginia.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
IMG_5970.jpeg

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas! I love the convertibles. Get it as cheap as possible. Hard to put any number on it without seeing it. I passed on some for 700 bucks in the late 70’s that just needed motors.
Big mistake.
Glad you’re here and good luck.

Back