• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to the forum- but long time E-body owner

benguin

Reaction score
Hi all! My E-body experience goes all the way back to when I was 16 and had gone car shopping with my sister for her new car.

On the lot was a '70 cuda that had been traded in on a Chrysler Cordoba. :) Somehow I talked my more than understanding parents into letting me get it, so we wound up with a package deal for the 'cuda for me and a Plymouth Volare (may it rest in peace) for my sister.

I've had the car through multiple iterations over the past 44 years, and as a teen was lucky enough to be working at a service station that had access to a fantastic parts department (where we got a sizable discount).

Sadly, although the car has been in excellent shape since a front sheetmetal/repaint in '78 and a more thorough go through in '91, the car hasn't had much action other than occassional start ups for the past 20 years. Kids are now grown, and it's time for a refresh, so that has been my sprint/summer project.

I have to say, at the last redo, there was no internet community as a resource and the parts were largely traced down through Mopar clubs, Hemmings, and the early Mopar Nationals meet ups. Glad to have this forum and others added as resources!!

Including a picture of the car from way back in '77 shortly after getting it home, and a '70 Challenger Western Sport Special that I had picked up in AZ (now sold to a friend). I'll get some more current pictures posted up eventually. Glad to be here!

PICT0865 (2).jpg

Challenger.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! Sweet cars no doubt. Cool story as well. Glad you joined up! Look forward to seeing the progress on the cuda.

fasjac

Reaction score
Hi all! My E-body experience goes all the way back to when I was 16 and had gone car shopping with my sister for her new car.

On the lot was a '70 cuda that had been traded in on a Chrysler Cordoba. :) Somehow I talked my more than understanding parents into letting me get it, so we wound up with a package deal for the 'cuda for me and a Plymouth Volare (may it rest in peace) for my sister.

I've had the car through multiple iterations over the past 44 years, and as a teen was lucky enough to be working at a service station that had access to a fantastic parts department (where we got a sizable discount).

Sadly, although the car has been in excellent shape since a front sheetmetal/repaint in '78 and a more thorough go through in '91, the car hasn't had much action other than occassional start ups for the past 20 years. Kids are now grown, and it's time for a refresh, so that has been my sprint/summer project.

I have to say, at the last redo, there was no internet community as a resource and the parts were largely traced down through Mopar clubs, Hemmings, and the early Mopar Nationals meet ups. Glad to have this forum and others added as resources!!

Including a picture of the car from way back in '77 shortly after getting it home, and a '70 Challenger Western Sport Special that I had picked up in AZ (now sold to a friend). I'll get some more current pictures posted up eventually. Glad to be here!

View attachment 83477

View attachment 83478

View attachment 83477

View attachment 83478
Is the SB six pack in the cuda now?
Referring to your avatar.

benguin

Reaction score
Is the SB six pack in the cuda now?
Referring to your avatar.
Yes, added the 6 bbl back in 1980, and proceeded to pick up additional factory AAR parts over the years, plus a repro hood. (pardon the scanned photo quality) Plus a picture from my radical "chrome everything" phase in the early '80s (including hood hinges).

Barracuda189.jpg

DSC_3377.JPG

Last edited:

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I love the WSS. I had one about 20 years ago. Really miss
the car. It was GoMango with a white top and burnt orange interior.

Back