• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to Mopar

GifTed1

Reaction score
This is my first post to this forum. I came across an early 70s Challenger with no motor in it. Interior was there but didn't look stock. Body in good condition and non stock wheels. What might something like this be worth if you came across it? Educate me and some basic info. I have rebuilt a 69 camaro RS ground up before. But I know nothing about Challengers.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
That would be a tall order but you've come to as good a place as any to start going through our classifieds looking for comps. We would need a lot more info about the car and pics to start an evaluation of it. Does it have a title and or its original vin tag?

Avalanche

Reaction score
What would help would be the vin tag.
An original V code is worth a lot more than say an original small block . even though the motor is missing

GifTed1

Reaction score
What would help would be the vin tag.
An original V code is worth a lot more than say an original small block . even though the motor is missing

I know I was vague with the info that I gave. I actually was looking at a house for sale and this Challenger was sitting in the garage. So I was insidering trying to have it in part of the deal. There is a motor on an engine stand in the garage too. But to me it looked to be more physical size of a small block motor...not a BB. But the car had 440 tag on it. I know someone could have added that later. Even if this is just a plain Jane Challenger...what is a rolling chassis in good shape go for? I will try and get VINS and pics too if I take another look at the house. Another question...Do you have to be a paying member of this site to post pictures of the vehicle?

Avalanche

Reaction score
Pictures would help a lot to determine value. there's a lot of members here who can help wth that.
No payments

GTXperience

Reaction score
Welcome Ted. Hope the Challenger (and the house) pan out. Looking forward to pics. One of the fender tag (in the engine compartment on the driver's side fenderwell) would be helpful to ID most of the car's info.

GifTed1

Reaction score
Welcome Ted. Hope the Challenger (and the house) pan out. Looking forward to pics. One of the fender tag (in the engine compartment on the driver's side fenderwell) would be helpful to ID most of the car's info.

Well the house is panning out. Offer was accepted. Next maybe the Challenger. The VIN is JH23G3B244283. All I could gather is its a 1973 2 door hardtop that came with a 318. What more can you tell me? It's purple....it has 440 badges on the hood. I'm assuming someone added those later. With this little info can you tell what I may have had for a rearend? What yrs were parts inner changeable?

Avalanche

Reaction score
To know what the came with for options you need a fender tag or build sheet.
The VIN only gives you the year, body style, and motor.
The tag is located on the drivers inner fender. Google fender tag and a lot of pictures pop up for reference . The build sheet usually is located in one of the seats. This is assuming no one removed them at some time.

Avalanche

Reaction score
J- Challenger
H- high
23- hard top
G- 318 motor
3- 1973 year
B- Hamtramck plant.
The last six numbers are production .

GifTed1

Reaction score
Ok guys...need your thoughts on price quick with the 73 Challenger. ..318. .auto. Don't know much more then that. Body shape is good. Motor and tranny are out of it. But are there. What would a rolling chassis and parts be worth?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Still near impossible to say without knowing it's true condition. Has it had bodywork in the past? How are the floors and framerails? Non original interior? Depending on what that actually is it could be worthless.
Just to give you some numbers to start with, $1,500 to $6,000.

GifTed1

Reaction score
Ok guys...need your thoughts on price quick with the 73 Challenger. ..318. .auto. Don't know much more then that. Body shape is good. Motor and tranny are out of it. But are there. What would a rolling chassis and parts be worth? View attachment 34151 View attachment 34152 View attachment 34153 View attachment 34154

20161211_133338.jpg

Back