• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to the site, but not to Mopars

JK16VTurbo

Reaction score
I have always had an affinity towards Mopars since my mother thwarted me from buying my first at age 15. Sure would have been nice to rock a 68 Road Runner.

I recently acquired a 1974 BS23 Cuda and although it was originally a 318 car, at least it was equipped with AC and PS and disk brakes. My question: Is there a kit sold to put a console in a Cuda that has column shift. I have seen a pistol grip one but found little information so I assume that it is a custom one off. The car is almost ready for the motor and trans, 340 stroked to 416 by Ray Barton and a souped up A727 with a gear vendors over drive. The car has a 4 link to a Dana 60 with 4.10 gears done by Quay's Race Cars, came with a hokey ladder bar set up, and I just think that this console would set the car apart on the interior. This is actually a daily driver and not a race car so no roll cage. I will add a picture later. Thank you for the add.

John

Avalanche

Reaction score
I assume you have bucket seats. Can't put a console with a bench seat.
You will need to change out the steering column, and source the shifter and linkage to relocate to center console. It's a little bit of work but can be done.
You would get a better response if you post on how to change out the shifter as I'm sure members here probably have done and can advise you better than me.
Welcome

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
IMG_1924.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome John !
Yes the parts can be sourced to swap everything to console shift & it is really not hard to do it , the Autostick pistol grip is awesome & fits onto the factory slapstick shifter which is a ratchet style shifter .

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! Sounds neat! Look forward to seeing it.

JK16VTurbo

Reaction score
I assume you have bucket seats. Can't put a console with a bench seat.
You will need to change out the steering column, and source the shifter and linkage to relocate to center console. It's a little bit of work but can be done.
You would get a better response if you post on how to change out the shifter as I'm sure members here probably have done and can advise you better than me.
Welcome
Yes, a set of Leather Recaro's. They should look pretty good.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I just joined today (May 27th) myself.

Regarding your center console, you buy a kit from the usual suppliers. Don't forget to get the brackets as well. AMD makes them. Just got to break out the mig welder once you remove the seats and carpets and weld them in place. Assuming you're reusing your existing carpet, you'll need to make the obvious cut outs.

JK16VTurbo

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I just joined today (May 27th) myself.

Regarding your center console, you buy a kit from the usual suppliers. Don't forget to get the brackets as well. AMD makes them. Just got to break out the mig welder once you remove the seats and carpets and weld them in place. Assuming you're reusing your existing carpet, you'll need to make the obvious cut outs.
I just noticed those on Classic Industries site. Now I have a quandary as I was offered a B&M Pro Shifter for a nice price and I am a little torn on which direction to go!

Xcudame

Reaction score
Personally I like the stock console with the pistol grip, but since you're deviating from stock anyway and can get the B&M shifter for a good price, go with your gut! The main thing is to drive these cars and have fun.

JK16VTurbo

Reaction score
Personally I like the stock console with the pistol grip, but since you're deviating from stock anyway and can get the B&M shifter for a good price, go with your gut! The main thing is to drive these cars and have fun.
I love the pistol grip as well and that is what is making this choice so hard.

340challconvert

Reaction score
JK
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
How about some pics of that 74 Cuda
The 74's are rare especially with the BS designation.
Best of luck with her!

Back