• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New here, but not new to mopars

TripleBlk70

Reaction score
Super excited to have recently purchased a 1970 Challenger Convertible that's in solid condition for an amazing price. The car is a bit of a basket case but came with tons of parts with which to put it together and get it on the road, including a shaker hood and all associated shaker parts.

The drivetrain is a 383/727 and supposedly the 383 only has 11,000 miles on a rebuild. My plan is to see if the engine is functional/runnable and maybe ok to get the car drivable in the short term, but I will eventually be putting a 440 in the car. I will be doing all the mechanical/functional work on the car but I'm not a body/paint guy so I will farm that out.

I am not new to the mopar scene, I had a '68 charger with a 383 and then a '70 440 challenger in high school (early 1980's) and that's when I fell in love with mopar BB power. My daily driver is a Dodge Durano R/T. I look forward to jumping in with both feet, asking questions and learning and maybe sharing some knowledge of my own along the way.

1706327366707.png

1706327442634.png

340challconvert

Reaction score
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Great project; hard to find Challenger convertibles!
I have a Challenger vert I have owned since 1979 that was in long term storage. Finally took her out a few years back to finally work on it.
Looking forward to seeing your resto pics!

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice Challenger convertible. Definitely a diamond in the rough! But looks very solid! Every vehicle I own is a Mopar!

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice Challenger convertible. Definitely a diamond in the rough! But looks very solid! Every vehicle I own is a Mopar!
Every vehicle that I have owned have been Mopars, and I come from a Ford/G.M. family.... I have it written down at work somewhere. One day at lunch time we wrote down all the vehicles we have owned. Mine was 70 something Dodges, 20 something Plymouths, and in the teens I think for Chrysler.

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to site from Arkansas!
That will be killer! Love the convertibles

Back