• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New to the site

Plumcrazy70

Reaction score
New to the site and like some of the info I've already read. Dragged home this '70 Challenger FC7 car last winter finally working on it. Only a 318 3 speed originally (4 speed in it), but overall pretty solid. Needs trunk pan and gas tank, lower a pillars and as we dug into it needs a quarter. Had R/T hood, grill, exhaust tips already on it, and a rally dash cluster which is out for resto. Have a 440 4 speed combo and a 6 pack intake. Debating an engine swap.

IMG_2638.JPG

IMG_2648.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

Plumcrazy70

Reaction score
Thanks. Here's one you probably all have dealt with. I've read many forums on k members, do I need to change out for a big block? Has the original small V8 and k member in it. The guy I bought it from gave me a "big block k member" and torsion bars with the purchase.

scoose

Reaction score
I believe the K frame on the E-Bodies ( as long as it's an 8 cyl K frame ) takes big and small block. The only time you'd have to swap it is if you had a 6cyl K.

BTW looks like you have a solid starter car....hopefully you don't run into anything bigger when you dig in. WHat color are you going to?? Plum n White is a great combo

moparleo

Reaction score
If you are set on a big block conversion, they are very nose heavy and handle much better with the lighter LA engines. Also power disc brakes will almost be mandatory with the extra weight up front. Welcome aboard.

Plumcrazy70

Reaction score
Thanks. Found the lower a pillars are rotted bad and replacing, also 1/4 had been replaced sometime years ago and then hit above the crease which we didn't see until we had the trun floor out and looking up... I had a 440-6 plum and white R/T clone in high school, so I was sort of aiming that direction. Definitely the plum and white interior, no vinyl.

I have looked into the stroker kit for a 318 making it a 392, then I would leave it a small block. Or If I can find a nice 340. I have disk brake spindles, just need rotors and calipers. Also, booster and master cyl. Does anyone rebuild the vac boosters? Or who remanufactures a replacement?

Thanks for any and all info!!!

Back