• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

NOS 1971 Cuda Trunk Mat???

GY9 Cuda

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone owns or has seen a NOS 71 Cuda trunk mat, I'm wondering if there would be a part number on the back side of it, I have what I thought was one but I opened it up and I dont see a part number on the back, I checked this one against the known repo in my 71 Cuda and they are very different, the repo cuts for the spare tire mount are very crude, like they were cut with a razor blade or Xacto Knife, the one in the pics is like die cut and very smooth, you can see the little round holes at the end of the cuts, my repo has nothing like that, does anyone know how many different manufactures are making these Cuda trunk mats, I can't imagine there are that many, could the Trunk mat in the pics just be done by a real quality supplier vs the one i bought years ago, any thoughts or observations would really be appreciated

IMG_1484.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

69bfan

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
There is basically two companies making the reproduction mats at this time. That would be ACC Carpets and REM. There are some smaller restoration suppliers that sell the printed material in bulk so that you can custom cut your own. But I would think that they are buying the material from the ones mentioned earlier.

Back in the very late 70s to early 80s, there was a company out of Detroit called Motor City Originals. They were selling trunk mats which in the later years were sold off as being NOS. They were the closest that we have ever had in the trunk mat arena to being of NOS quality.

I am not that familiar with the E-Body mats, but I know that on the B-Body mats, the mats have a slight texture on the printed side and the back side has a more pronounced texture to them. All of the original mats that I have seen are date coded with a part number for the B-Body applications and I should think that the E-Bodies would follow that rule as well.

Adam

Reaction score
I believe the rubber trunk mats contribute to rust. I have seen condensation between the mat and the pan on a warm day.... warm air and cool trunk pan = moisture.
Use a piece of carpet, fuzzy side down and save the rubber mat for car shows.

Back