• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Not sure where to post this? Wiper arm question

Cudachuck

Reaction score
Is there a difference in e body wiper arms? I'm cloning a hemicuda and i know i can't used the 2sp motor so my question is.... beside just changing the motor to a 3sp, is there anything else needed to change out for the wipers to work correctly? Thanks

EW1BH27

Reaction score
If you're doing the conversion from 2sp to 3pd (which it sounds like you want to do) besides the motor you'll need the correct crank on the wiper motor, the link from the crank to the left pivot and of course the wiper switch. The pivots, link between the two of them and the actual wiper arms are the same. I've done this on my car.

Cudachuck

Reaction score
If you're doing the conversion from 2sp to 3pd (which it sounds like you want to do) besides the motor you'll need the correct crank on the wiper motor, the link from the crank to the left pivot and of course the wiper switch. The pivots, link between the two of them and the actual wiper arms are the same. I've done this on my car.
Wouldn't the 3sp have the correct crank? And are these parts specific for e bodies? Thanks

EW1BH27

Reaction score
If the crank was on it it might be the right one. Here's the part numbers to correctly convert an E body 1970 2 speed to a 1970 variable speed.

Wiper motor - 3431077
Wiper motor crank - 2822289
Wiper linkage - 2822293 (from crank to left pivot)
Variable wiper switch - 2770380

PS: 1971 B bodies also use the 3431077 wiper motor/crank. AFAIK and according to the parts book the "293" link is unique to E bodies. That's a hard one to find, took me a couple years. There was a guy in Canada converting 2sp links to 3sp links but I don't know if he still does. The parts book lists the switch also coming on A bodies and a 2770378 will work too.

Last edited:

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Back