• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

orange or chrome ecu box?

Rob C

Reaction score
Oh really?!

I don't need anyone telling me "not to complicate things just do as your told"

Well, I have good news and bad news for you on just that one line I quoted above.

1st, yes you do. Because you are doing just that.
2nd, you took the words poorly. You should have read them just for what they are. Not as you assumed. You ARE complicating it. IF you had read the words as advice rather than some old dude scolding you like a child, it would have been alot better.

BUT, if you wanna go off half cocked like a kid, then fine. You'll find offers of advice and kindness dry up fast at car forums since people really do not want to be botherd by childish replies.

3rd, I for surely didn't give a "Do what your told" I'll just say, I told ya so.

Haha, complicating things is relative. :rolleyes: If I actually wanted the OEM look I would think this conversation would be relevant.
If you had actually staed what you want exactly, this convo would not be taking place. Perhaps you should be crystal clear on what you want to do wioth your ignition. Not to mention, read a book!
But then you say this;
I was fine with using the orange box.
So, by this, it just showed me that you were until you wrote back which now shows me you have no clue what you want.

This other guy sorta has his own ideas and keeps telling me what I should and should not do. Hes an old timer you see and he knows all there is to know. I'm not, so I need to make sure I am not telling him wrong when I say "the black box won't work, we need to use the orange one." If I tell him it won't work...I just want to be right about that.
This answer, if not given "Freely" here on the net can be found in the MoPar publications, go get yourself a book or two. Read up.

71Challenger318

Reaction score
oryl-owl-ya-rly.jpg

You are right, I must have read it wrong. You gave me a valid answer in your first post...use the orange one. However, YOU then choose to say "stop complicating things." That wasn't needed to make your point, had you said "don't complicate things" I think the word choice would have better served your meaning. The choice of "stop" (in my mind) make it a general reference to my question asking in several different threads (see the 340 intake on 318 thread). You are right, I don't have any idea what to do...that's why I ask. I look to older members who know better in my quest to gather opinions and info from many sources. If this is all it takes for you to shun me and stop giving "freely" your information....fine...what a shame. There wasn't much "childish" about my reply, maybe a bit tactless. I did not appreciate the insinuation that I was asking to many silly questions. If I was mistaken in that belief before I apologize, but if you think for a second it is easy to see how I made that leap. Now, moving forward, I hope you understand that my reply was an answer to a perceived disrespect and not an effort to disrespect you. If you have answers and information to provide I welcome it, I need all the help I can get. :D

Rob C

Reaction score
I did not appreciate the insinuation that I was asking to many silly questions.
And you perceived it how???????
You are so mistaken yet again. There was no insult. Go read it again. It is just simply flat out and blunt. I never said or insun. that. All questions can be seen that way. I certainly choose not to see them that way. If you don't know, then you should ask. No one knows everything.

(Why the **** am I typeing this crap out!! Everybody here knows this fuckin crap!!!)

I guess how it is perceived is a matter of how your seat is facing the window and placed i the room now isn't it.

Also, you seem to shove the thought of me threatenig you or your abilty to get info.

If this is all it takes for you to shun me and stop giving "freely" your information....fine...what a shame.

If you thikn that I or anybody here is that shallow or soft skined, your more wacked than I thought. This is super insulting not only to me, but everyone else on the board.

Perhaps you need a vaction.

Rob C

Reaction score
However, YOU then choose to say "stop complicating things." That wasn't needed to make your point, had you said "don't complicate things" I think the word choice would have better served your meaning.

Your splitting hairs.

"Stop" is an action word in final terms. The Orange box comes in a kit with the proper resistor. Use that resistor. Don't mix them up. It is just that simple. If you had read any Mopar publication, you would not be asking and now defending and fireing back stupidly.

You are truly twisted upstairs and need to relax. I'm not putting up with your B.S. and hair splitting. Get over it, the world at large operates this way. Stop crying!

71Challenger318

Reaction score
Wow... I thought I was getting jabbed at by your original post so I just jabbed back. Then you had something to say about it...so I returned the favor. I was wrong, thought you were being smart but you were not. That is obvious now. I never perceived a "threat" from you in any case.

You are 100% right about the actual question asked...use the kit as it was intended. The point of this most recent post was an attempt to explain why I though you were being smart. Not to stir this pot any further. If you have anything further negative to say I invite a PM.

I appologise to the board at large for this little divergence. I assure you it won't be a further problem.

Last edited:
Back