• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pcv valve grommet help

70cuda50

Reaction score
I have the mopar performance big block cast valve covers with a twist on hole and knock out spot on each. I am installing a m/e Wagner Pcv valve in one of the twist on holes. It needs 3/4” id. Does anyone know which grommet with that id also has big enough diameter to seal twist on tang cutouts also. I read a review of Ford grommet M6892F working well on the mopar covers. but Not exactly sure of thickness of groove needed either, covers are an hour away so I can’t measure them right now but want to get parts ordered. Pcv will go on rear passenger side, this just pic of the actual cover for reference. Thank you

B8ABAD71-0A22-4D3D-880B-2791EE2559E8.jpeg

fasjac

Reaction score
I have one those as well. Haven’t installed yet but, make sure it’s baffled under the valve. That’s why I haven’t installed yet. I’m gonna weld my baffle because I don’t want the screw heads on top. Using fabricated alloy valve covers. Also, I believe the MP have provisions for the baffle. You probably know all this but thought I’d through it out there. Here’s a diagram. They should have sent some paperwork if you bought new. Good luck and let me know how you like it.

Attachments

• 8A0197FC-409F-4131-A617-C9AC64E17876.png
    8A0197FC-409F-4131-A617-C9AC64E17876.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 173

70cuda50

Reaction score
I have one those as well. Haven’t installed yet but, make sure it’s baffled under the valve. That’s why I haven’t installed yet. I’m gonna weld my baffle because I don’t want the screw heads on top. Using fabricated alloy valve covers. Also, I believe the MP have provisions for the baffle. You probably know all this but thought I’d through it out there. Here’s a diagram. They should have sent some paperwork if you bought new. Good luck and let me know how you like it.
Thanks for the info. I googled the part number and ended up on the m/e Wagner website. It says unavailable. I talked to them yesterday and no mention of this grommet. He did suggest the Ford part. I also found a post on FABO where someone used the Ford part on these covers with Wagner. I found one yesterday evening and is on the way. I’ll update how it fits.

fasjac

Reaction score
That’s good, can you share Ford part number when you have time?

Cratos

Reaction score
make sure you deburr the hole or it will cut the grommet over time. ( learned it the hard way)

Back