• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

pedal help?!?!?!

tonyhi-speed

Reaction score
Working on a 70 hemi cuda with power brakes. i have the proper linkage/brackets off the back of the booster, but the rod is too short through the firewall to the pedal. Pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. Is there another swivel mechanism that attaches to the actual pedal assembly? pics? help? advice? can of gas, matches and insurance agent?

burdar

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of what you have? The pedal doesn't attach dirrectly to the back of the booster. There are a couple other linkage pieces.

tonyhi-speed

Reaction score
thats what i was afraid of. I can get some pics up soon, does anyone happen to have pics of what it should have in between the pedal and the rod that goes through the firewall?

tonyhi-speed

Reaction score
heres what i am working with

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.JPG

photo.JPG

5.7 hemi

Reaction score
Move the pedal (it swings on a pivot) to the arm and put the bolt in. That is if I understand what you're askin'.

NW_CUDA

Reaction score
Brake pedal

from what you are saying is you are missing a part call pivot swivel.. here is a picture attach.. if you need more pix's PM me I just did this ti 70 Dodge R/T Challenger. note: the pivot is on left in pix's for E-Bdy
Dave..

pivot mopar.jpg

tonyhi-speed

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I got it all figured out. A handy piece of info for anyone who runs into this issue. The booster, swivel, and brackets on the 70' hemi b-body and e-body are the same. The pedal link that goes through the firewall and attaches to the pedal is 1" shorter on b-body cars. Though first appearance it looks exactly the same, it is not. In my parts search I bought this booster and bracket assembly with information of it being in a cuda. Th date coding was correct, and appeared to be a good score. After many hours of re-search and measurements I contacted wayne brown of theramman.com. Extremely knowledgeable man, and gives out free information. Hope i save somebody else a headache in the future.

Back