• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Picking up my new 70 Cuda Detroit area Chrysler Historical?

Reaction score
I will be driving up to the Detroit area next week to complete a deal on a true 70 Cuda 440, numbers matching (except for transmission a big exception I know) factory air, Ralley dash, all original (except trunk floor, and possibly wrong year front seats) it does have a 2nd original color paint job, no rust, fully operational BS23U0E127145 (missing fender tag). Question is is while I'm in Detroit is the Chrysler Historical society open to the public? does it have a Museum or anything? Can I expedite the search for information, Computer punch card, build information in person?

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
No, the museum is not open to the public anymore but one day a year and they won't be able to help you with an IBM card for cars later than '68. Quite honestly, I don't think the historical society will be able to give you any info on your car.
Nice car, congrats!

mmissile

Reaction score
Fiat's interest in Chrysler history, is just about NONE. Welcome to the global economy. At least DB pushed a bunch of mopar heritage.

js29

Reaction score
ya i wish we had something like a marty report like ford or PHS like pontiac does have for ower cars

Reaction score
Color?

I have the same car less the white vinyl top, congrats!!! If you need anything please ask, Dan.

What is your best guess on what the color is? Deep Burnt Orange (FK5), Burnt Tan Metallic (FT6)? I could do without the white vinyl top. And apparently the white hockey stripe was not available (it was only black). I would prefer a black top - some day if i decide to replace it I may try dyeing it black and if it turns out crappy have it replaced. If I could find out if the white was original Id leave it alone but without the fender tag I don't know how to tell. I should be able to verify if the paint is orginal (color) somewhere on the car.

By the way I have the car home now and I have some work to keep me busy. Wiper motor does not work, washer bottle and system missing, Some new bushings in the front end, leaking fuel from the supposedly new fuel sending unit etc. Fun stuff in general.

js29

Reaction score
it look's like fk5 to me, as far as the white top and strips go with out tag or build sheet there is no way to tell. i know you have a barracuda but my challenger rt se came with fk5 white vinyl roof and a white bumble bee stripe. that info came from the fender tag. and seamed to be a popular combination.

Back