• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Plastic pieces found in rear quarters.

1971cudadude

Reaction score
I found a black plastic piece with a Mopar part number in the front of both rear quarters of my 71 barracuda rag top. Does any one out there know what these pieces are for and where they go. They are about 7" long and 3" wide. They were laying loose on the bottom of the quarter.

IMG_20170405_163243677.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
They're some sort of splash or drip shield that go just above where you found them. Convertible only and I can't remember if mine still has them or not but I do know that these have been discussed on the forum. I'll see if I can find the thread.

1971cudadude

Reaction score
They're some sort of splash or drip shield that go just above where you found them. Convertible only and I can't remember if mine still has them or not but I do know that these have been discussed on the forum. I'll see if I can find the thread.
Thanks so much. I read the thread you sent me to and I think I know where it goes now.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Btw Welcome to the site from the Motor City! You should tell us about yourself and your vert. I think we'd all love to see it.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome from NJ and a fellow convertible owner.
I found the exact same pieces inside the quarters of my Challenger vert. They were actually wedged in toward the bottom when I cleaned out the drain holes. I didn't know what they were and posted the question here. Everyone here is always willing to help!

Last edited:
Back