• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Power steering question for a 73 challenger

bc3j

Reaction score
There’s a lock nut and screw on top of the box. Check the FSM for the adjustment procedure. I also needed to tighten the steering, but I found my problem to be the aftermarket steering coupler not fitting tight on the worm gear. I cleaned up my OEM coupler, installed new shoes and my problem went way. I have tight steering now. I might suggest that you investigate the entire steering system and determine where there might be any sloppiness. Might not be coming from the box, but elsewhere.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Just don't tighten it up too tight. It will feel great when really tight, but will wear out much faster. Also, you'd be surprised how much flex there is in the k-frame where the steering box is mounted. Hence why so many of us gusset our k-frames.

blubyou340

Reaction score
Steering is easy but iwant more crispness
There’s a lock nut and screw on top of the box. Check the FSM for the adjustment procedure. I also needed to tighten the steering, but I found my problem to be the aftermarket steering coupler not fitting tight on the worm gear. I cleaned up my OEM coupler, installed new shoes and my problem went way. I have tight steering now. I might suggest that you investigate the entire steering system and determine where there might be any sloppiness. Might not be coming from the box, but elsewhere.
Hey man thanks i will look im the book a nd do that the whole front i replaced probly not a bad idea for a pro align

cuda joe

Reaction score
tubular upper control arms or offset upper control bushings = more caster big difference by it self.. there is more you can do if you like

Back