• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Production numbers for a 70 V code Cuda

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I am not saying you did this, you probably saved this car but it always amazes me how these awesome cars end up like this, if I had one in good condition it would always be that way. If I did work on it I would finish the job or I would leave it alone until I had the parts or money to start and finish the job, cars get better the longer I own them a lot of people pull them apart and don't have the money, time or knowledge (pick one or more) the parts get lost or damaged and then they sell it or just let it rot.
This hobby would be vastly different if every guy/girl that owned a classic car had the same ethic.
And did you really ask if a V-code Cuda was rare???

aussiemark

Reaction score
This hobby would be vastly different if every guy/girl that owned a classic car had the same ethic.
And did you really ask if a V-code Cuda was rare???
I know V code Cudas are rare I was asking if a V code with the ralley hood is rare as most of them probably came with a shaker hood or did they?

oakme2

Reaction score
Bear in mind it has to be rare and desirable for the rarity to make a difference.
I know V code Cudas are rare I was asking if a V code with the ralley hood is rare as most of them probably came with a shaker hood or did they?

Bear in mind it has to be rare and desirable for the rarity to make a difference. Referring to a rally hood vs the shaker, the shaker will bring more money.

oakme2

Reaction score
I am not saying you did this, you probably saved this car but it always amazes me how these awesome cars end up like this, if I had one in good condition it would always be that way. If I did work on it I would finish the job or I would leave it alone until I had the parts or money to start and finish the job, cars get better the longer I own them a lot of people pull them apart and don't have the money, time or knowledge (pick one or more) the parts get lost or damaged and then they sell it or just let it rot.

This car in particular was about 7 years old when I got it, the interior was all intact and still is with the exception of the front seats and carpet. I still have the original front seats. I bought it from a guy that drag raced Mopars. Thank god he didn't butcher it. The only damage from its racing days is a hole cut in the floor for a 4 speed shifter, and a bracket welded to the frame for the Z bar to pivot on. I got an engine with it that is supposed to be the original numbers matching piece, I have never checked the numbers, I did look at the casting numbers, and it is 10/69, the car was produced at the end of the first week of December in 69 so the engine might be the real deal. It needs a trunk floor rain got to it before I got it, the rear frame rails are great. The paint in places is still good enough to buff and keep, I have always hated the thought of removing the original paint until I was ready to go for it all the way and restore it. I did manage to keep it indoors for about 30 years, and fight off the hundreds of people who wanted to buy it during all those years.

Last edited:

MAPS

Reaction score
If you are interested in selling itxi got first dibs, lol
Thanks

oakme2

Reaction score
I remember you having this for sale in the past.
I did consider selling it once in the past and listed it for sale once. When I sold my BO29 68 hemi Cuda I decided to keep the 70 V code. The 68 hemi car was a great car, but I really like the way a 70 Cuda looks a lot more. That and someone offered me way too much for the 68.

oakme2

Reaction score
If you are interested in selling itxi got first dibs, lol
Thanks
I guess every one has their price LOL, if someone showed up with a briefcase full of money I might, but the plans are to restore it.

Back