• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Proud of cleaning my life up

MandyDM

Reaction score
I am proud of cleaning up my life after I got out of prison,did a 25 year sentence for murder 2 years ago which will be 3 years in March.I was a good kid at first and things changed after I turned 13.Hung around in the wrong crowd that did drugs and drank alcohol.I tried these and was caught 3 times.Age 14 and 15,caught drinking a beer by the same cop issued minor in possession tickets.A minor in possession caught smoking Marijuana at age 16.My parents were not too happy.Age 15,I assaulted a police officer,would not cooperate and slapped him in the face.Probation is what I got for that.Age 15,found out I was pregnant,a boy and I did get intimate.Age 16,gave birth to a son whom is now 27 whom turns 28 on Friday.Age 16,charged with assault,another girl and I got into a fight and beat the crap out of her also breaking 3 ribs and nose.My dad was not too happy with me on this.Mom was not too after she got home.Both reminded me I was going to prison if I did not change.I said yeah right and I was wrong.One Friday night,decided to go out with an ex boyfriend to rob someone breaking into their house.I was 16 at the time and he brought a shot that was stolen.Took something and the owner came out.Threw the shot to me and told me to shoot him and did.Was charged as an adult based on my record.I plead guilty to murder testifying against him through a plea deal.Judge approved it and sentenced me to 25 years.I also showed remorse for what I did.I learned my lesson,prison is not one place to be.During my time,made a list what I was going to do, one was get my GED which I did.Another was work things out with my family,has been going well.I have recieved a second chance in life.Give back,I speak out to troubled teens they better change telling my story

MandyDM

Reaction score
It has taken time,getting there.I even faced the girl now an adult I beat up and apologized to her.She forgave me and saw I changed.The cop I assaulted,faced him and told him I regret what I did.He saw I learned my lesson and was proud of me.Did have a guy that wanted me to fight him,said no and walked away two weeks ago.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Life is a training ground , we all learn , some stuff we learn the hard way on our own & some stuff we pay attn & listen to the advice of others that have been there & try not to repeat their mistakes .
You can teach others about your hard lessons & give back !
You need to fight the battles that are important to your survival & growth & learn to walk away from meaningless battles which you now have the strenght to do , congrats !

heminut

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that you're getting your life together! I'm a retired cop and I have a 46byear old son who is into drugs and has been in and out of jail since he was 16, prison 3 times now. My wife and I raised his two daughters into fine young women but we have pretty much given up on trying to help him. His brothers and sisters are all amazing people, one is even a law enforcement officer. We have no idea why he is the way he is.

Life only gives you so many chances and I'm glad you're taking advantage of yours. Keep on doing what you're doing!

MandyDM

Reaction score
I have a good job at a transmission repair shop and it was my boss that gave me a job offer.He gave me a 2nd chance in life and has said keep it up what I am doing.One co worker,I got his 16 year old son that was like me to change.It hit him hard knowing prison is nor a place to go.Hanging with the right people now.I have respect for law enforcement now.It was also my cell mate I had,still in for life with no parole.I still write to her including visit,she is glad I am heading in the right direction

Last edited:

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Keep it up Mandy, I hope and pray that more people follow in your footsteps.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I seen this more than on time. not trying to scare you straight. I think you are there. A long story short. Had a job and like it.pay was ok. .The shop guy a fantastic guy. One day a beautiful young girl walked into the shop. my jaw dropped! He said you like that. It was his daughter.I didn't know.He had to push my jaw back up. wife got pregnant. S.O.B Had to get a real job.SO went onto an other job. would drive 150 mi and 4/10th one way every day,worked 10-12 hr a day and more. over a 1000 miles a week. not the best roads,most of the way for 6 mo. union work you go where the work is. good pay and excellent family heath insurance.was home every night for family. SO back to the shop guy. as I got to know him.He did 2 years for manslaughter DUI.Head on killed the guy. I know I had a guardian Angle straighten the car out a few times. I did not drink and drive.Driving tired is as bad as DUI. But any how a few years later I heard her name on the radio.she was involved in an head on accident killed by a drunk driver.
My son is about the same age as your son.I hope you have good relationship.A few months ago a man was shoot dead 30' from his door. cameras point in different direction. I showed him before how to be proficient with a fire arm. He doesn't live there now.
The point being you don't know what's around the corner.If you can't avoid it,It's how you react to it when you encounter it.
Best of luck in making choices.
Good habits bring good luck and bad habits bring bad luck!

Last edited:

MandyDM

Reaction score
I seen this more than on time. not trying to scare you straight. I think you are there. A long story short. Had a job and like it.pay was ok. .The shop guy a fantastic guy. One day a beautiful young girl walked into the shop. my jaw dropped! He said you like that. It was his daughter.I didn't know.He had to push my jaw back up. wife got pregnant. S.O.B Had to get a real job.SO went onto an other job. would drive 150 mi and 4/10th one way every day,worked 10-12 hr a day and more. over a 1000 miles a week. not the best roads,most of the way for 6 mo. union work you go where the work is. good pay and excellent family heath insurance.was home every night for family. SO back to the shop guy. as I got to know him.He did 2 years for manslaughter DUI.Head on killed the guy. I know I had a guardian Angle straighten the car out a few times. I did not drink and drive.Driving tired is as bad as DUI. But any how a few years later I heard her name on the radio.she was involved in an head on accident killed by a drunk driver.
My son is about the same age as you son.I hope you have good relationship.A few months ago a man was shoot dead 30' from his door. cameras point in different direction. I showed him before how to be proficient with a fire arm. He doesn't live there now.
The point being you don't know what's around the corner.If you can't avoid it,It how you react to it when you encounter it.
Best of luck in making choices.
Good habits bring good luck and bad habits bring bad luck!
I was 41 when I got and now 44.My relationship with my parents is a whole lot better now

Back