• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Question about the seatbelt light

Challenger Chuck

Reaction score
I was driving down the road the other day, and was buckled up, but had something in the passenger seat. A light on the dash came on and was buzzing and told me to buckle up, but I was already so i thought it was broke, until i lifted up what i had in the passenger seat and it stopped. I didn't know they had seat censors in 72, is that factory, or added on?

Challenger Chuck

Reaction score
Ok, after reading up I see that my 72 did have seat censors. I had no idea, well at least it's working. I'm really shocked that everything works and looks good inside this car.

Challenger Chuck

Reaction score
I didn't think it was really special, just glad that if it's there it works. I have yet to find anything not working and I'm happy about that. The outside is good, but the inside is outstanding for an unrestored car. I think it was undercoated when bought as well. After I have the 340 rebuilt, and get her painted i'm done. It's just the little things in the car that have really shocked me. I been looking for years, but most were out of my $$ range, but to find this one 35 miles from home and the sale price was what i had to spend. I guess being a new owner still has me excited.

74 challenger

Reaction score
Chuck that is cool that it still works. My buddy had the same thing in his duster and his car wouldnt start till the seat belt was hooked up.It took him a while to figured out you cant put stuff on your passenger seat.LOL

Challenger Chuck

Reaction score
That funny! I have always loved the E-Body, I think it's the best looking car in the world. I love that everything is original, and working. Everyone that has looked at it goes on about the interior being so good in it for it not to have been redone. Still has the single speaker with the right cover in the back glass, most people cut holes and add 6 x 9's. The only thing I couldn't find was the red oil lense that covered the oil light on the dash, and i was setting the radio station on the radio and it was setting on one of the buttons when I pulled it out. :)

btceng

Reaction score
It is always cool to find one in such great shape after all the years. Beware of the little things that you haven't seen yet. I thought my body was near perfect with the exception of the trunk floor. After investigating a small rust spot on the rear outer wheelhouse, I found that it ended up being about 2" in diameter and was on both sides of the wheelhouse seam. Also, found numerous dents and dings that had filler in them from a previous repaint. Still not the end of the world but more than I first thought. E-Bodies are very cool. Have fun with it!

Challenger Chuck

Reaction score
It needs minor body work, but the floors are good, and the trunk is good. One of my best friends is the best body guy in the area + he's an E Body guy as well. He owns a 70 and 71 Cuda. It's a long way from perfect, but it's a real good start.

74 challenger

Reaction score
I cut a red clear top from a plastic container for my oil light. LOL I just couldnt afford the repos it was like $40 for the 3 plastic pieces.

Challenger Chuck

Reaction score
Mine too, I'm happy with mine so far, just needs a new carb and it's ready to go. I stopped driving it when i saw the carb leaking gas onto the intake, after it was turned off. doesn't do it while running, I just bought a rebuilt one but never put one on so waiting for a friend to do it.

Back