• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Question on additional paper found with broadcast sheet

Moparhoosier2

Reaction score
Little help please? I recently bought a 71 Challenger and along with the 2 broadcast sheets there was this one. I have seen many broadcast sheets but never one of these.
I tried to load a pic but having problems doing it. Basically, it says
Chrysler Corporation on the top along with VEHICLE TRAVELER, then below it says
SEQUENCE NUMBER / VEHICLE ORDER NUMBER / VEHICLE ID NUMBER / VEHICLE DELIVERY & HAND
and then it has all the numbers below belonging to each heading
Any help? Sorry, I know a photo would help a lot.
Thanks
Brian

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Pics are a must on this as your description isn't sounding familiar.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
You have a vehicle traveler sheet. Is your car a special order car? I have seen these sheets for sunroof cars.

Moparhoosier2

Reaction score
I understand a pic would help. I will work on it. It just wont load for some reason. Thanks for the comments so far.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Welcome from New Jersey
Looking forward to seeing the build sheet. Sounds different. Something I have not seen.
Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
challenger6pak's comment regarding seeing this sheet w sun roof cars triggered a thought?
Weren't the sun roof cars sent out for the work to be done outside the factory?
Was the "vehicle traveler" designation used for cars sent outside the factory for modifications (special order car) ?
Just a thought.
Dino2 (1).gif

sdweatherman

Reaction score
I also would be interested in seeing this document - especially if it is sunroof related. If you don't have any luck loading the picture, send one of us a PM and you could email, text it, or instafacetubechat it one way or the other, and we can get it posted. ;-)

Moparhoosier2

Reaction score
I think I have the traveling sheet figured out and if so, I am extremely happy.
OK after researching the broadcast sheet, under the 1st row in section "A" the group package says 78. If you search the code for 78, it states
Formal Roof Package (71 only), Formula S-package. If you search what a formal roof package consists of, it is the S/E rear window - overhead console.
In other words, it is the rarer smaller rear window and an overhead console mounted on the roof of the interior of the car. After further research, I found that only 229 formal roof challengers were made which leads me to believe it might be as rare as a sunroof car? Thoughts? I knew the car had a small rear window which was more rare but I had no idea how much rarer it was. To think I have 2 broadcast sheets was already cool but to have a rare option like this and have a traveling sheet to back it up is just over the top. I'm stoked. Am I interpreting all this correctly?

aussiemark

Reaction score
They only made 63 1971 Challengers with the sunroof so it wouldn't be as rare as them. Was the formal roof option work carried out outside the factory if it was this may explain this document.

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Thanks Brian for taking the time to post these. Very interesting - first time I have seen this kind of documentation. I am going to pass this info on to a couple of E-body enthusiast to see what they have to say about this info. The top of the travelers sheet looks just like the top of the broadcast sheet - but I noticed something a bit different. The first three numbers of the Vehicle Order Number is typically the Scheduled Production Date - three numbers - the first number is the month - 1 is Jan, 2 is Feb......A is Oct, B is Nov, C is Dec - and the next two numbers are the day of the month. What's interesting is that on the traveler's sheet, its W08 - hmmm. No W month. So its either a misprint or means something slightly different.

Moparhoosier2

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone and thanks for the input. I learned a lot over a short period of time from here as well as other sources. If I find out more, I will post it. Any additional input from others is certainly welcome.

Moparhoosier2

Reaction score
BTW,

I did go back and look at the travelers sheet about the "W" as you mentioned and yes, it clearly shows that. I have no idea why?

Moparhoosier2

Reaction score
It was actually in a stack of paperwork with receipts, an owners manual, a service catalog and parts diagram as well as the 2 broadcast sheets. I didnt even see them until about 6 months after I bought the car because they had stuck the 2 broadcast sheets and traveling sheet in the parts/diagram book and I started going thru the book for some recommended servicing. Bam, to my surprise there they were. The previous owner didnt even mention them to me.

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Brian,
I think the W is just a typo for A08 - notice the W and A are next to each other on the keyboard. If the scheduled production date (SPD) on your fender tag and broadcast sheet is A08 - then that is the most likely scenario.
Scott.

Back