• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Quick Introduction From An Old Cuda Fan

Cudaized

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Ron, I grew up in Brooklyn NY and was introduced to Mopars by my Dad. The first car I knew was his 1950 Chrysler Highlander, he later taught me how to drive in his 1960 Chrysler Crown Imperial with a 413-4bbl That is also where I learned how to work on cars by keeping it running. After I graduated H.S. he bought me my 1st car, a brand new 1970 Ultra-violet or plum crazy 340 Cuda 4sp with 3:55's, black top and white interior, I didn't like black inside it was too hot with no AC. He bought himself a 1970 Burnt Orange Fury with a 383. It didn't take long to blow up the 340 street racing so the 340 was quickly replaced by a 440-6 built by S&K speed on long Island, this was also a way to beat your insurance company out of a couple of bucks by not having to pay the big engine penalty they had then. The drive train was also upgraded to an 18 spline and 4:10 Dana. Back then you could get a trans for about $50 and a rear for $100. Every Fri & Sat we would street race, we would even close down an exit ramp off the Verazzano Bridge and run on the highway. We had a 1/4 mile marked off. Like many things in life this came to an end with long gas lines and MARRIAGE. (For the younger members, there was a gas shortage back then) and you know what marriage is about. Luckily my new wife was considerate, she knew I missed my car so in 1978 I bought my 2nd Cuda, an original 1970 "V" code vitamin "C" 440+6 4Spd 4:10 Dana super trac pack, and of course NO AC and black interior (it gets real hot inside). I have had her and the Cuda ever since or should I say she has put up with me and the Cuda ever since. Who says marriage doesn't work. By the way this used Cuda cost as much as the new one did back in 1970. My friends thought I was crazy but, who's crazy now! As a side note my user name "CUDAIZED" comes from the vanity license plate I had on this Cuda. Some of the older members might remember it from the cover of Muscle Car magazine, and the 1st issue of High Performance Mopars in the mid 80's. The car was photographed at a show in Raceway Park, Englishtown N.J. it was Hemi orange then, I have since restored it back to its original Vitamin C color. Sorry, this was supposed to be a quick introduction, but once I got started remembering I couldn't stop.

Last edited:

Cudaized

Reaction score
Ramenth, I put some photos in my album but I don't know how to post them here. Thanks for the welcome guys.

ramenth

Reaction score
Ramenth, I put some photos in my album but I don't know how to post them here. Thanks for the welcome guys.

You see the icon in the reply box which looks like a paper clip? Click on it and it pulls up a separate window for you to be able to browse your computer and open files. Once you have the files you want in the browser just hit "upload" and away you go.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, I'll go check out your album now and I probably have that issue of the Mopar mag in a box in the basement.
WOW! Nice car!!!

Cudaized

Reaction score
Here are some pictures thanks for the tip on uploading. By the way the pictures in the magazines were taken around 1981 at a car show at Raceway Park, Englishtown N.J. before the car was restored in 1982. I had the only Cuda in the show and there must have been 150-200 Fords and GM cars.
The car was on the cover of Muscle Cars, Summer 1985 issue and also an article in the first issue of High Performance Mopar Summer 1987, this issue had a 67 Blue and white Hemi Dart doing a Wheelie on the cover. I included a picture of my other convertible E-body 1984 Lebaron.

IMG00164.jpg

IMG00171.jpg

IMG00172.jpg

Lebaron.jpg

Last edited:
Back