• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Race car history

Dazmom

Reaction score
1974 Challenger was originally gold with a 318 and automatic. Has been repainted to silver with a vinyl top and Rallye gauges added. Had a tach mounted to the steering column at some point. Probably at the same time the motor and tranny were removed and switched up to a 1975 400 with a high lift cam and a 1970 A833 4 speed and drive shaft. Evidence shows that a roll cage, and fuel cell and battery box, which were mounted in the trunk, makes me believe this was a drag strip car at some point. No build sheets or or fender tag, only VIN. Both rear quarters have been reskinned/replaced and the interior has been completely redone including the dash which does not have the proper rosettes holding the VIN in place. I can last place the car as being registered in Missouri in the 80’s. As I cannot legally get previous owners names, I’m stuck at this point. Any and all help is appreciated.

3CE7A7F5-7C12-46C2-818E-A2DA333B705B.jpeg

AE6427F6-A259-4AAE-99B1-4214488AE03B.jpeg

76AE95DD-B84C-4E84-A261-92555C37673E.png

4BA1CB8A-2587-4F58-8ADB-0568574143C9.jpeg

D3273E83-9B54-4A7E-BEC5-62C161ECD239.jpeg

Grady Cain

Reaction score
First, welcome to FEBO from NW CT. Nice looking Challenger you got there. Help us all understand what you mean by, "I’m stuck at this point. Any and all help is appreciated." What are you stuck on or with? We will be glad to help in any way possible. Lots of knowledge here on this forum - just let us know what you need help with!

rklein71

Reaction score
The vin sequence number was in several places (on the cowl drives side, on rad core support under yellow sticker sometimes, trunk rail). Do these numbers match the VIN on the dash? The dash pad might have been redone or taken from another car and someone riveted it in place with normal rivets.

Dazmom

Reaction score
The vin sequence number was in several places (on the cowl drives side, on rad core support under yellow sticker sometimes, trunk rail). Do these numbers match the VIN on the dash? The dash pad might have been redone or taken from another car and someone riveted it in place with normal rivets.

It’s not in any of the other locations. We’ve looked beyond reason.

Dazmom

Reaction score
First, welcome to FEBO from NW CT. Nice looking Challenger you got there. Help us all understand what you mean by, "I’m stuck at this point. Any and all help is appreciated." What are you stuck on or with? We will be glad to help in any way possible. Lots of knowledge here on this forum - just let us know what you need help with!

I’m looking for past photos of what the car looked like when it was being run at the strip and whom was responsible for the back to street resto.

FYI. The car is my hubby’s. He’s from Waterbury and transplanted to Oklahoma.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! Nice looking Challenger!

ChuckW

Reaction score
Great looking challenger. Dont give up, I'm talking to previous owners of my car from back in the early 80's that I just recently found out about!

Back