• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Radio delete panel

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Does anyone know if someone out there reproduces or has a radio delete panel for my 1970 T/A with standard (non-rallye) dash? This is turning out to be the most elusive piece to my puzzle. Thank you - Mark

moparleo

Reaction score
Good luck on his one. Is this to restore back to original ? Or just to fill the hole? If you just want to fill the hole, just a little abs plastic to make the plug out of shouldn't be too difficult.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
This is to restore back to original. A true barn find basket case. Everything is apart. Broadcast sheet shows it as a radio delete car but there is an AM radio and broken radio surround in one of the many boxes I got! Would love to find the proper panel. Thanks for responding...

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Tough part to get for sure , my car is also a delete car but had a radio in it , you may pay as much as $500 for one if you can locate one ! Find 2 LOL

joes68340s

Reaction score
I have an AAR that I just bought I think its a radio delete not sure. It never had an antenna there is no code on fender tags but I dont have a build sheet. Also dosent appear that there ever were speakers. It does have a low end am radio.

cordodge

Reaction score
my radio delete car had a black cut out piece in place of an actual speaker in the dash, and the radio delete plate was in great shape thank god!. seams like they are hard to find for sure. thx bruce

Grady Cain

Reaction score
my radio delete car had a black cut out piece in place of an actual speaker in the dash, and the radio delete plate was in great shape thank god!. seams like they are hard to find for sure. thx bruce

Any chance you could snap some pictures (maybe some close-ups) of that radio delete panel and post them or message me with them so I can see what it is supposed to look like? It might help me understand how to go about fabricating one. Thank you!

cordodge

Reaction score
2013-09-03 19.01.18.jpg2013-03-27 17.59.13.jpg2013-03-27 17 58 15 (2).jpgI work away from home which is where im at right now but when i get home i can take a couple pics and post them,here is what i have for now. be home early next month. thx bruce

2013-03-27 17.59.13.jpg

2013-09-03 19.01.18.jpg

2013-03-27 17 58 15 (2).jpg

Grady Cain

Reaction score
cordodge;41861I work away from home which is where im at right now but when i get home i can take a couple pics and post them said:
Wow so it looks like it's a complete panel and not just a radio-opening panel with a rectangle "plug" in it where the radio should slide in. And to make matters more difficult, my T/A has the standard dashboard and the panels have the "ribs" - they are not smooth like yours appear to be. Oh the trouble we go through to make our Mopars original. Thank you so much for the photos - I appreciate it!

cordodge

Reaction score
no worries, yes the panel is identical to the radio plate just smooth and flat. thx bruce

Back