• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rallye Dash Bezel Replacement

BubbaJ

Reaction score
I'm replacing the wood grain bezels on a 73 Rallye dash. Anyone have tips on what to use to secure it to the frame since replacements don't come with the tabs?

Thanks

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Are you talking about attaching the woodgrain to the backing plate because all the ones I've ever seen do have tabs. You'll also have to use some kind of adhesive. When I did mine I just used contact cement.

Or are you talking about attaching the the backing plate (w/woodgrain) to the plastic housing because those also have tabs.

E-body Rallye Overlay.jpg

Backing Plates 2.jpg

BubbaJ

Reaction score
Yes attaching the woodgrain to the backing plates. I figured some sort of contact cement but any particular brand?

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I used whatever was at home, possibly Lepage, no particular brand.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
As far as bending, I started at the straight edge and kept pushing it down towards the radius and rounded ends until they mated up nicely. Then I used yellow 3M contact cement in a tube, applying with an acid brush to both sides. Let it cure a bit. Then starting at the straight edges, install it by working it to the radius and then to the rounded ends. I used multiple rubber ended clamps to hold it in place until it dried, which was very quick. Then bend the tabs. Probably other ways, but that was the way I did it and it worked.

James in Texas

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply
I wish they come prebent
I ended up with the repro bezel as well
I figured it would be better than some of the original ones that may be brittle or faded

Back