• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rallye Dash Woodgrain Inserts

Bill Wise

Reaction score
Hi, new to forum. I am in the middle of restoring a 1970 Gran Coupe Conv, and need the replacement woodgrain panels. I read Performance Graphics the place to go, but when I contacted them David was sick, and he died in November. The business is now closed. I have tried Classsic Industries, Year One and send both sets back because they did not match the color or the instrument bezel colors of the original. Any suggestions?? The Mopar shop inserts do not look bad but I have found the pictures may or may not represent the product.

70chall440

Reaction score
Last edited:

Bill Wise

Reaction score
I checked them out, and they sell a vinyl overlay, not the screened aluminum panels. ant other suggestions???

moparleo

Reaction score
Trying to get the 2 panels to match is like buying 2 different lots of floor tile. The only way to match is to replace both at the same time. Virtually all woodgrain will be a vinyl sticker. The guage cluster restoration companies generally do the transfer process as this is what they do. Instrument Specialties and others come to mind.

floyd

Reaction score
I saw a post somewhere that Performance Car Graphics plans to re-open in some capacity. Hopefully you’ll have better luck in the near future.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Last edited:

Bill Wise

Reaction score
What trim are you referring to?
The bright trim around the gauge bezels, that is polished aluminum as is the trim around the woodgrain, between the woodgrain and the black boarder. Mine has pitting in the bezels, bright trim, and the woodgrain screening.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The bright trim around the gauge bezels, that is polished aluminum as is the trim around the woodgrain, between the woodgrain and the black boarder. Mine has pitting in the bezels, bright trim, and the woodgrain screening.
Wow I’m surprised to hear that. I think I just went over that with some fresh silver argent. I’m sure it’s not supposed to be polished.

70chall440

Reaction score
In original form the rings around the gauges (rallye instrument cluster) are I believe polished or shiny; kind of like brushed or polished aluminum but not chrome.

Bill Wise

Reaction score
Wow I’m surprised to hear that. I think I just went over that with some fresh silver argent. I’m sure it’s not supposed to be polished.
I agree, I call it brightwork because it is the natural aluminum. After 50 years, I cannot say it was polished. The silver argent is a paint?? or a treatment.

brotow

Reaction score
This is my 1970 Challenger Rallye gauges with the correct 1970 wood grain. These aluminum face plates are correct for 1970. If you need close up pictures of any particular part, let me know.

20170107_220008.jpg

20170107_215944_zpsouzq0fmn.jpg

Bill Wise

Reaction score
Bill do have a ralley or std dash?I have a nice wood grain std dash. i would have to ck the switch panel if its 3 or 4 hole
I have a rallye dash
This is my 1970 Challenger Rallye gauges with the correct 1970 wood grain. These aluminum face plates are correct for 1970. If you need close up pictures of any particular part, let me know.

View attachment 79244

View attachment 79245
You are correct, this is just what I am looking for. Where did you get the the aluminum plates?

brotow

Reaction score
I have a rallye dash

You are correct, this is just what I am looking for. Where did you get the the aluminum plates?
Here is Year One's page of dash bezels, E-Body 1970-74 - Barracuda - Challenger -- Interior / Bezels - Dash - Reproduction Wood / Vinyl Insert / Woodgrain Dash Insert / Gauge Bezel Housing /

You best bet is getting them from. David at Home | Roseville Moparts if you mention you are a member of Cuda challenger he will give you a discount, I don't know if he does for "For e bodies only? E Body Dash | Roseville Moparts

Bill Wise

Reaction score
Here is Year One's page of dash bezels, E-Body 1970-74 - Barracuda - Challenger -- Interior / Bezels - Dash - Reproduction Wood / Vinyl Insert / Woodgrain Dash Insert / Gauge Bezel Housing /

You best bet is getting them from. David at Home | Roseville Moparts if you mention you are a member of Cuda challenger he will give you a discount, I don't know if he does for "For e bodies only? E Body Dash | Roseville Moparts
Thanks, I have dealt with Roseville before. The picture on line for my 70 dash looks good, I will give them a try. Yours looks really good.

Back