• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rallye Fuel Gauge Troubleshooting

doubleyellow

Reaction score
Fuel Gauged pegged to Low side. When ignition "on" gauge needle moves very slightly up, but very, very little. Checked Ohms on Sending Unit (between sending unit post and ground) and reads about 25 Ohms. I believe that means there should be some fuel in tank (range about 10 Ohms tank empty to around 70 Ohms tank full ?). I did also check the ground strap straddling the fuel line.

Just from experience, is the fuel gauge needing to be repaired after 50 years? Have you rebuilt yours?

Or is the issue 99% of the time at the sending unit and I need to keep checking that (it was replaced 3 years ago, but could be faulty)

Any advice appreciated

EW1BH27

Reaction score
My rallye fuel gauge has never been repaired/restored and reads just fine. All of my inaccurate readings were always something to do with the sending unit.

blubyou340

Reaction score
Fuel Gauged pegged to Low side. When ignition "on" gauge needle moves very slightly up, but very, very little. Checked Ohms on Sending Unit (between sending unit post and ground) and reads about 25 Ohms. I believe that means there should be some fuel in tank (range about 10 Ohms tank empty to around 70 Ohms tank full ?). I did also check the ground strap straddling the fuel line.

Just from experience, is the fuel gauge needing to be repaired after 50 years? Have you rebuilt yours?

Or is the issue 99% of the time at the sending unit and I need to keep checking that (it was replaced 3 years ago, but could be faulty)

Any advice appreciated
I would get a new one, try looking at classic industries they usually have good specific parts .and jims auto parts has alot of nos stuff but they are usually priced very high on their items theres whats his name from graveyard cars , uh, rlseville auto parts is good. Then as easy as it is to change theres good ol autozone for a easier transition i would , throw the new part at it. Less aggrivation my 2 cemts whatever you do good luck you got a MOPAR.!!!

Back