• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD Rallye Gauge Instrument Panel, Light Bar, Wire Harness From 1970 Cuda 100% Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have had this 1970 Cuda (1970-74 E Body Barracuda & Challenger) Rallye Gauge instrument cluster, Light Bar, Wire Harness, in my collection of parts, for probably close to 40 years now.
Always been stored away in closets wherever i have been living, all these years.
This was on hand for spare parts if i ever need it, as i owned a 71 Cuda for 38 years before i sold it off.

Anyway, this Cuda died an early death in it's life, as the odometer is only showing 42,195 miles.
I figure it must have came out of a five year old car, whenever i got it, and kept it all these years.
Has an 8 grand tach in it, so it came out of a big block car.

Now i am selling all this "As is" condition, as i never used any of it.
I make no claims to the working condition of any of the instruments, or their accuracy when in use.
I have made you aware of these terms.

I doubt you will find a nicer set of gauges lying around anywhere in the USA after all these years.

The gauges and light bar, are being sold at $1,500.00 and the wire harness at $425.00.
I don't remember what exact year E body i pulled the harness out of, as it's been decades ago, when cars were pretty new, coming into the wrecking yards, when they got hit.

Payment will be by postal money order, and i will send by FEDEX, with insurance, and signature delivery.

I can give you my e mail address, and or, telephone number, when you send me a pm, thru this forum.
Thank's a lot. Hope you might be interested in my parts.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Rallye Gauges 70 Cuda 001 (Copy).JPG

Rallye Gauges 70 Cuda 003 (Copy).JPG

Rallye Gauges 70 Cuda 007 (Copy).JPG

Rallye Gauges 70 Cuda 008 (Copy).JPG

Rallye Gauges 70 Cuda 009 (Copy).JPG

Rallye Gauges 70 Cuda 010 (Copy).JPG

Rallye Gauges 70 Cuda 011 (Copy).jpg

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess i neglated to state that the price for the gauges is "Firm"
That's the price. No negotiations, no trades, no low ball offers.
Somebody is going to be quite pleased in getting those gauges, being advertised in various formats all over the internet.
I just wish i would hear "Wow, those are sure a nice set of gauges, and i sure would be proud to own them, for my car" instead of being low balled on price.
These are not to be found in this condition, in this day and age, being 44 year old parts.
Ok, rant over.
I will be glad to be of assistance to any Serious buyer.

Avalanche

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging from the pictures, those look like great gauges. Once you weed out the low ballers you will find someone who will appreciate them for what they are worth!
Good luck with the sale.

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Judging from the pictures, those look like great gauges. Once you weed out the low ballers you will find someone who will appreciate them for what they are worth!
Good luck with the sale.

Avalanche:
Thank you.
Ya, one "offer" i would have considerd an insult to this old man.
JV.

Bill

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never did get the whole "haggle" thing. If you wanted to sell them for less than $1,500 you probably would of listed them for less than $1,500. I wonder if it would be worth it to try and haggle with the cashier the next I'm checking out at Wall Mart?

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never did get the whole "haggle" thing. If you wanted to sell them for less than $1,500 you probably would of listed them for less than $1,500. I wonder if it would be worth it to try and haggle with the cashier the next I'm checking out at Wall Mart?

Well said.
You and me, think alike.

downtime!

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has their price in mind, but with that said, this is not a retail store, you're selling used car parts on the internet. Expect haggling.

Stillactive

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lmfao exactly. No disrespect but your selling a used car part. Yes its in GREAT condition for its age. Check e-bay, swap meets and craigslist they very rarely go over a thousand dollars.

Last edited:

Bill

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this. I know haggling is common and expected but I just don't get it. If someone is trying to sell something for more than what it is worth, more than likely it won't sell anyway causing the price to drop. This Rallye gauge cluster seems very unique being inside in a closet for 40 years. Good luck with the sale.
Everyone has their price in mind, but with that said, this is not a retail store, you're selling used car parts on the internet. Expect haggling.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It is a very nice set of gauges and I hope you get your asking price because that means the set that I've been putting together for my '71 convertible will be that much more valuable.

downtime!

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not saying it's cool to counter with $500 on what is a very nice set of gauges, but to say it's completely firm with no wiggle room will run off nearly any prospective buyer. What if someone was a buyer at, say, $1350? Would you say move on, or would you let a part go that you obviously have practically zero dollars in for a very good return? Most people buying parts on the webz want to feel like they got some sort of deal. A couple of bucks off, free shipping, whatever that might be.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone has their own opinion. Before this becomes an argument, and the Mod's crack down on for sale listings comments, we would be better to let Hemi71x sell it the way he wants to.

js29

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEMI71X did not say or best offer it's a free market system. on Ebay i saw a NOS rallye cluster bessel with a price of 3,500 firm things are only what some one will pay you for them. good oem parts are getting harder and harder to find.

pete9857

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEMI71X did not say or best offer it's a free market system. on Ebay i saw a NOS rallye cluster bessel with a price of 3,500 firm things are only what some one will pay you for them. good oem parts are getting harder and harder to find.
Quite true, my buddy has 2 complete 70 clusters, mint, and he won't even sell them. 1500 is not that unreasonable.
Good luck

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't mind everyones comments at all.
After all, it keeps my ad at the top of the for sale section, generating more interest that way, i feel.
Anyway, i am not a price line negotiator, like on the tv commercial.
I set a price, that i feel isn't past Pluto in the solar system, and i will stick to it.
As long as i am still alive, on top of this planet earth, i will sell off my collection of parts as i see fit, and want to.
In my will, i have made arrangements who will be getting my stuff when i cash in my chips.
At that time my friend will own the stuff, and then he can do whatever he want's to with the collection.
He can liquidate things, dimes on the dollar, if he pleases, but not until then.
hemi71x

hemi71x

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everything has SOLD.
Only had to advertise the parts for 3 days.
The new owner is a happy camper buying everything.
Me too, as the seller, i got my prices.

I will mark this ad sold.
hemi71x
Jim V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back