• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear brake hose confusion

340challconvert

Reaction score
Ordered a rear brake hose (brake line to axle vent) for my 70 Challenger
Vendor sends me H610, looks correct but was about 1/2 in too short
Looked it up; unit is for a b body. Returned it. Visually, it was correct, but was short. Male /female threaded on the two ends

Then I ordered a correct Inline Tube unit #H648
This is listed as the correct e body rear hose.
This one has the correct female threaded fitting on one end
and the other ended is permanently connected to a junction box with openings for the two rear metal brake lines.
My original is the correct length with a male/female fittings on both ends with one end connecting to the junction box already located on the axle.

The junction is already, permanently attached to the new unit.
thumbnail

What gives?

Dino2 (2).gif

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
One more connection point is one more place to leak , I have often used the hose with the axle junction block permanently attached to the hose , no problem

moparlee

Reaction score
Phil, I got my '71 rear brake hose from Classic Industries, part no. MD7048. Also says it is for a '70. It has male x female threaded ends. Threaded into my new brake line and axle block and was correct length. Are you saying it is too short when your axle/leaf springs are fully suspended?
DSCF1263.JPG

340challconvert

Reaction score
I went directly to the Inline web site and ordered an H648 In-line hose which is listed for a 70 Challenger. It is the correct length but has the brass block permanently attached, and would work.
My original hose has a female end by the metal brake line coming from the front, and a male end that goes into the brass block on the axle.
I really just wanted an original style hose that matches what was there.(see pic of my original above)
I am going to check out the hose you bought from Classic.
I know my brake hose is original with an October, 1969 date code on it.
My car is on stands with axle hanging down on leafs.

BTW, the bracket in your pic that holds the hose/brake line onto the back seat sheet metal looks bolted on. My bracket on my 70 Challenger is different and is welded and sits vertical while yours looks to slant downward
Dino2 (2).gif

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Lee
Ordered up the rear hose from Classic as per your suggestion

Phil, I got my '71 rear brake hose from Classic Industries, part no. MD7048. Also says it is for a '70. It has male x female threaded ends. Threaded into my new brake line and axle block and was correct length. Are you saying it is too short when your axle/leaf springs are fully suspended?
View attachment 68010

Back