• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Resources

gafletch

Reaction score
I've been looking for DVD's on rebuilding a 440. No luck yet. But one guy said he had them for big block Ford engines. What do you guys think? Would there be enough meat in that DVD set to relate to a 440? Or is it not worth the time? :icon_scratch:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Why DVD? There are some great books about Mopar engines and you won't have to worry about getting your remote all oily while using them.

moper

Reaction score
I would use a book. DVDs are easier, but you need your laptop in the shop and greasy hands don't play well with keys...lol. There are several great books - the more recent was by Andy Finkbeiner. Other great resources are the factory service manuals andd the HP books. The one I use is from the 80s and rather stained and dog-eared. but it still get's used from time to time.

gafletch

Reaction score
I have some of the books and they are good. Guess I'm looking for a watch me do it type of resource.
The DVD I mentioned is on eBay, how to build big block Fords.

moper

Reaction score
You'll get more from watching Horsepower TV dvds or reruns on Netflix. The real ins and outs will be discovered in the books. But putting a ring on a piston, or installing pistons and rods is pretty much the same for everything.

moparleo

Reaction score
The 440 has been available for a long time. You just need to keep digging. Do online searches for what you want and it will be there. Almost all of the car magazines have their articles available on line for free.Don't rely on just one search engine. Use yahoo, google , bing and there are many more. Once you find the info that you want, and it may be a little of this and a little of that, save it and you can just print the pages you want to use. You don't have to worry about getting them dirty since you can always print it again. I just print it, use it and throw it away.

gafletch

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. The you tube videos are ok. No substitute for a mentor though. Guess I'll try the Ford DVD to see if its any good.

Bill

Reaction score
I agree. Books are a great resource and reference but if a picture is worth 1000 words a video is worth 1,000,000. I had my ipad next to me while I was having a guy on a Youtube showing me step by step how to rebuild my rear drum brakes. My Chassis pictures were a big help but having some Joe Schmo explaining it to me step by step helped me get it done. I never rebuilt rear drum brakes before. Thanks for the lesson Joe Schmo whoever and wherever you are.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The Factory produced Mopar performance manuals will take you a long way but the info is older , Any Finkbiener has a perfromance big block Mopar book I am reading now , not learning much but good info in there .

Back