• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Reverse light Issues

Lime Lite 70

Reaction score
I replaced a oil pan without removing the motor remover the z bar and replaced it, reset the clutch free play started the motor everything worked fine. Then when and started it again the reverse light will not turn off when shifting. I installed a new reverse switch a few weeks ago and everything was fine until now. I have a 70 Cuda 833 trans I restored the car 7 years and have owned from new and never had a problem ever like this. any help would be great. Lime lite 70

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Unplug single connection that comes out of firewall .see if it goes out. As

70chall440 said I think it's a bum switch.​

Attachments

• 20210618_130750.jpg
    20210618_130750.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 127

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
My rule of thumb is go back to what you touched last , is the wiring ok to the switch , , use an ohm meter & test the switch too .

Lime Lite 70

Reaction score
Unplug single connection that comes out of firewall .see if it goes out. As

70chall440 said I think it's a bum switch.​

Thanks I disconnected the wire and it went out. Then I pulled the switch and the detent ball was stuck all the way in so much for new and simple. Thanks for the thread return

Lime Lite 70

Reaction score
My rule of thumb is go back to what you touched last , is the wiring ok to the switch , , use an ohm meter & test the switch too .
thanks for your thoughts, I retraced and tested and unplug and removed a bad switch, and replaced it works like new now. Thanks for your thread

Back