• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Riding an old American car in Japan.

Rob C

Reaction score
Oh yea! It snows. LOL!
I live on Long Island. The snow fall here is a little less than north and west of the city and less eastwards. The ocean has a protective capacity to it for the island. It can be forecasted that Long Island will get 6-8 inches of snow but to the north and west it can double to triple.

once in a while we will get 2 feet in one storm. The worst we had was some years ago setting a record of 33 inches in one storm that lasted about 24 hours. That is ultra rare. But it happens. The rivers that surround New York City used to freeze. Not so much anymore.

In the states above and west of NYC, there are good ski resorts to enjoy. Up state New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania all have good ski resorts. The mountains are not huge. But there good fun if you like to ski. The Rocky Mountains have GREAT size to them.

RYO5566

Reaction score
Oh yea! It snows. LOL!
I live on Long Island. The snow fall here is a little less than north and west of the city and less eastwards. The ocean has a protective capacity to it for the island. It can be forecasted that Long Island will get 6-8 inches of snow but to the north and west it can double to triple.

once in a while we will get 2 feet in one storm. The worst we had was some years ago setting a record of 33 inches in one storm that lasted about 24 hours. That is ultra rare. But it happens. The rivers that surround New York City used to freeze. Not so much anymore.

In the states above and west of NYC, there are good ski resorts to enjoy. Up state New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania all have good ski resorts. The mountains are not huge. But there good fun if you like to ski. The Rocky Mountains have GREAT size to them.

Wow! It snows so much! In the image of Japanese, Canada has a strong image of snow, but the image of snow in the mainland is thin. If it snows that far, it seems difficult to drive unless the car is also an SUV. The place where I live in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan, is also located in the northeast, and snow salt that melts snow in places with a lot of snow is sown in the road, which causes rust.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Here is a list of surviving B29's; some can be viewed in a museum.

List of surviving Boeing B-29 Superfortresses - Wikipedia

Dino2 (2).gif

Rob C

Reaction score
@RYO5566 It will rarely snow that heavy. It comes in cycles. We also have zero snow fall winters. Or near zero. Snow falls sometimes and melts away by mid day. It looks like heavy dust. You can look up average snow falls and winter temps on line for any region. Have a go at it.

On Memorial Day there are normally air shows throughout the states in remembrance of the ones who served in the military that have air shows. By me, since I’m on an Island, the beach front has the show. If the weather is good, attendance can soar over a 1/4 million easy. It is tough to get to the beach front. You must be very early, hours before the show, first thing in the morning in order to be on the beach for the show at noon.

The aircraft (most of the vintage ones) will stay at Republic airport, where they used to make the P-47 Thunderbolt. Recently the old factory buildings were torn down as they were Dangerously dilapidated having not been used since republic aircraft ceased production of building aircraft in the 50s.

Last edited:

Rob C

Reaction score
Oh! I forgot to say, my 2003 Dodge Dakota was the Absolute best vehicle I ever had in the snow. A quad cab V6, 4X4 that performed with excellence. Tires are Cooper AT3’s. They performed the best on that truck.

In the Great Lakes region, when the cold winds come out of Canada, across the lakes into the states, the wind picks up the warm moister and turns it into snow that can be measured by the feet.

Someone in that area should comment on the snow falls. I know it can be brutal. Seriously brutal.

I retire from working within 2 years and I’ll be purchasing a house near my daughter where it never snows in Florida.

RYO5566

Reaction score

RYO5566

Reaction score
@RYO5566 It will rarely snow that heavy. It comes in cycles. We also have zero snow fall winters. Or near zero. Snow falls sometimes and melts away by mid day. It looks like heavy dust. You can look up average snow falls and winter temps on line for any region. Have a go at it.

On Memorial Day there are normally air shows throughout the states in remembrance of the ones who served in the military that have air shows. By me, since I’m on an Island, the beach front has the show. If the weather is good, attendance can soar over a 1/4 million easy. It is tough to get to the beach front. You must be very early, hours before the show, first thing in the morning in order to be on the beach for the show at noon.

The aircraft (most of the vintage ones) will stay at Republic airport, where they used to make the P-47 Thunderbolt. Recently the pastor the old factory buildings were torn down as they were Dangerously dilapidated having not been used since republic aircraft ceased production of building aircraft in the 50s.

I see, snow is not so bad. It is good to melt. In Japan, it does not melt, and the snow is compressed and slips like ice. So in winter, the tires are studless. I do air shows so often in the US! I'm very enviable! The feeling of cherishing not only cars but also old airplanes is amazing!

RYO5566

Reaction score
Oh! I forgot to say, my 2003 Dodge Dakota was the Absolute best vehicle I ever had in the snow. A quad cab V6, 4X4 that performed with excellence. Tires are Cooper AT3’s. They performed the best on that truck.

In the Great Lakes region, when the cold winds come out of Canada, across the lakes into the states, the wind picks up the warm moister and turns it into snow that can be measured by the feet.

Someone in that area should comment on the snow falls. I know it can be brutal. Seriously brutal.

I retire from working within 2 years and I’ll be purchasing a house near my daughter where it never snows in Florida.

After all American SUV is the strongest! Wow, you have a plan to move to Florida! Is Florida always warm, but is it warm all year round?

Rob C

Reaction score
After all American SUV is the strongest! Wow, you have a plan to move to Florida! Is Florida always warm, but is it warm all year round?
For the most part, yes. However, depending on exactly where in Florida you are, the amount of weather change can be mild to near zero. The farther south you are in Florida, the less of a season change you have until there is no season but one season.

My daughter is in Melbourne Florida. (Google it)

Mid to Northern areas will see a few chilly temperatures at night while the southern half is about as close to constant summer all year round as you can get. I’ll let the actual Florida residents speak from here.

RYO5566

Reaction score
For the most part, yes. However, depending on exactly where in Florida you are, the amount of weather change can be mild to near zero. The farther south you are in Florida, the less of a season change you have until there is no season but one season.

My daughter is in Melbourne Florida. (Google it)

Mid to Northern areas will see a few chilly temperatures at night while the southern half is about as close to constant summer all year round as you can get. I’ll let the actual Florida residents speak from here.

As the more the image of Florida is always summer, the northern part is cold. It is a place near the sea? Also, the United States heard that the price of gasoline was different depending on the area?

Rob C

Reaction score
As the more the image of Florida is always summer, the northern part is cold. It is a place near the sea? Also, the United States heard that the price of gasoline was different depending on the area?
Florida is a peninsula state on the east coast of the United States. It is the most southern state on the east coast. The most northern part rarely sees snow.

My daughter is a 15 minute (slow) drive to the ocean.
My summers are an average mid 80’s with highs in the mid 90’s. Winter days average in the mid to upper 30’s, nights in the mid 20’s.

Gasoline is independently sold. From large corporations to small Mom & Pop shops, they all purchase the fuel from a major oil refinery. Mobil, BP, etc....

The price can vary due to local, city, state and national taxes. Here where I live, a small town can require that an attendant pump gas for you. You are not allowed to pump the gas. Additional costs to the price of the fuel may also come from the costs of getting the fuel to the gas station. The further away the gas station is from the refinery, the more money it costs them to sell it. There is also a swing in price when the gas station is close or on the highway. (I call it a convenience tax.)

Prices do not vary to much. I don’t see more than a 15 cents per gallon difference from the cheapest place to the most expensive places near me.

Prices between states do not have a huge difference. But noticeable.

seneca

Reaction score
rumblefish360, you're sounding a little like the Florida Chamber of Commerce here. Don't forget to tell RYO5566 about the 2 or 3 hurricanes that smash into Florida every year!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Great thread, very enjoyable. What would you all like to know about Michigan?:lol:
We have 1 of 9 B-17’s left in service, Those are my favorite airplanes.

Back