• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rocker Panel Question

tomps

Reaction score
Was down checking on my 70 Challenger at the body shop yesterday. Got the front lower section of the rear quarter cut out where it was pretty bad. Going to put a replacement panel in but noticed that behind the cutout section it's pretty crusty. May just clean it up with sandblasting but now I'm curious. Is this what's considered the inner rear rocker panel? I spoke with a tech guy at Classic Industries. All he could tell me is what I could read myself on the website, a part description word for word. I couldn't even get measurements. I can find several places that sell the rear inner rocker section but really not sure if the rocker ends at the door line or goes all the way to the wheel well opening.

Here's a picture......as usual any input a big help. I'm learning a LOT!!

photocopy58_zpsa97c0190.jpg

photocopy57_zpsb951e3f4.jpg

Mark

burdar

Reaction score
Mine was rusty there too. The bodyshop just cut out the bad part and made a patch to fix it.

bos018.jpg

tomps

Reaction score
That's a much better view....thanks for the reference! Looks like we're going to do the same.....just make a patch.

Here's a before pic of the bad section....

photocopy25_zpsa954782d.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Bad rocker.JPGMake sure they use the same guage of metal to repair it. If I remember correctly it is a thicker guage than the quarter panel. You have more there than my car has.

Bad rocker.JPG

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Yeah I had to make some repairs to my '68 RR in that spot, luckily I had a parts car that was still solid there.

moper

Reaction score
That part is not reproduced... The rocker goes to and unde the factory 1/4 panel. The inner rocker ends just about where the reear floor panel (the part under the rear seat) starts and the inner 1/4 panel (encloses the window mechnism) come together. There's a small part that welds to all of those - and that's what's in the pic...lol. I would soda blast, wash, use rust convertor and a good zink primer and call it done if you dont plan to gut the interior to gain access.

Back